For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Striped Culottes & Florals | Mix it Up!

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Stripes are undeniably a classic design, that never goes out of style.
Ditto florals...
Every season florals appear in one guise or another.
They are another classic that is always in fashion.

So, in my mind, logic would suggest that:
Stripes + Florals =  A failsafe outfit! 😀

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Mixing florals and stripes is something anyone can do.
Just pick a colourway (and design) that makes you smile.
If YOU like the way it looks, it's guaranteed to work!

If you need a bit of a confidence boost check out these posts:



These striped culottes are a new purchase from a shop I never normally go in to... Zara.

{I have bought pre-owned Zara items from charity shops, but never from the actual store}

I always thought that Zara was the typical 'fast fashion at inflated prices' shop.
All in all, a bit of a rip off.

Zara IS fast fashion, and the prices are pretty inflated, BUT I was inspired to buy these culottes after admiring a similar pair on my stepdaughter.
She loves Zara, and scolded me for not at least giving it a try!

{She's right... it's always a good idea to try new things.}

They were over priced for a bit of polyester, but once I have popped on my culotte slip they're instantly lined!
Much better..

I'm honestly surprised at how happy I am with my purchase.
These culottes are set to be worn as much as my yellow trousers!

They also feel like they will be perfect with boots as we move in to autumn, in earnest.
Culottes and ankle boots look great together, so I'm looking forward to styling them up as the mercury falls.

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing these new culottes with my floral vest top, and a cotton cardigan.
It's quite muggy today, and pretty warm, but it's not going to last.
I think this might be the last airing of this top for 2017... there's always next summer!

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Chunky sandals gave me a little (comfortable) height, and a simple bag finishes off my look.
This outfit has plenty of pattern and colour, but it was SO simple to put together... and comfortable to wear.

Do you avoid certain shops because of preconceptions?
Please share in the comments.... I would love to hear!
P.S. Please pop over and link up your blog posts (and Instagram pictures) HERE. I would love to see them!

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

CULOTTES: Zara...similar.
TOP: Asda... this one would look lovely... this one is nice too.
CARDIGAN: Cos... this one is pretty.
SHOES: Vagabond
NECKLACE: Online... similar.
BAG: Hidesign... this is nice.

Striped Zara Culottes, Chunky Sandals & Florals, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig