For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Bold can be Neutral | Pick your Own Best Colours

Bold can be Neutral | Yellow trousers, Pink shoes & Chambray | Fake Fabulous

Sometimes the least neutral-looking item can work so well in your wardrobe.
Sometimes bold, bright (and even brash) pieces can work just as well at "going with everything" as more traditional neutrals.

Let me explain...

Take these yellow trousers.
Anything but neutral.
Bright, bold and a definite statement.

However, these yellow trousers have been such a fantastic buy, because they seem to go with everything!
I'm SO glad I bought them.

{I actually paid FULL price for these trousers... practically unheard of for me, with my nose for a bargain... read about why I HAD to have them, HERE}

Bold can be Neutral | Yellow trousers, Pink shoes & Chambray | Fake Fabulous

I've worn them a lot (and I mean A LOT) in real life, and they have featured on the blog twice before... HERE and HERE.
I don't see them leaving my favourites anytime soon, as they will work beautifully moving into autumn... and even winter.

{Imagine wearing your own sunshine on a dull winter's day... an instant pick-me-up!}

This got me thinking about other BOLD items that end up being worn so often that they become better neutrals than 'real neutrals'.
Like the leopard print top and tights in THIS POST.
Or, the red coat in THIS POST.... that I wear loads.

Take the boots in THIS POST... I bought them because they were neutral and should go with everything.
I've hardly worn them.

Neutrals don't have to be colours like black, grey, camel or cream.
They can be anything YOU want.

Pick your own neutral tones.
Pick your own best colours.
YOU decide what works!

Bold can be Neutral | Yellow trousers, Pink shoes & Chambray | Fake Fabulous

Today's outfit felt like a summery look, despite being covered-up and almost autumnal in shape.
The colours say "summer", but the pieces don't bare too much flesh (it's chilly here just now).

For me, these yellow trousers go perfectly with pink.
Calling out for a clash!
However, I didn't feel like going too bold, and clashy today, so I kept the pink to my accessories and wore a subtle chambray shirt instead.

Bold can be Neutral | Yellow trousers, Pink shoes & Chambray | Fake Fabulous

A really simple and subtly androgynous look... I could imagine a dapper gent sporting yellow trousers and a chambray shirt, with pink brogues.

Of course, pink lips (and heels) keep things feminine.
A pink satchel (and earrings) continued the girly theme, and my little star pin finished things off nicely.

TROUSERS: Next.... similar.
SHIRT: Urban Outfitters
GLASSES: c/o Readers.com
SHOES: Marc Jacobs (old).... these are cool (high heel) and these (low heel)
BELT: Boden (old)...similar.
BAG: Cambridge satchel company... this is cute.
PIN: H&M
EARRINGS: Asos... these are pretty.

Bold can be Neutral | Yellow trousers, Pink shoes & Chambray | Fake Fabulous

What's your idea of a neutral?
The classic colours?
Or, your own favourites?
Please share in the comments, I would love to hear!

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig