For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Why it's okay to be Out of Fashion.

Crinkle Pleated Culottes, Next Floral Cold Shoulder satin top, Clarks Sandals. Over 40 | Fake Fabulous

It's sunny and warm in Scotland!*

{*gets the flags and banners out to celebrate.}

There is something joyous about a really warm day when they are few and far between.
Especially when that warm day that just so happens to be your day off (insert relieved and slightly smug face! 😌).

Arms are out.
Legs are out.
Sunglasses are on!

{There is also a cardigan, brolly and covered shoes packed in the big bag... Scottish weather can change at a moment's notice.}

Today I am wearing silky, flowing culottes and a silky, flowing top.
SO comfortable, it almost feels like a cheat!

Chunky, retro sandals and a HUGE bag were all this outfit needed to have me grinning from ear to ear.
Perfect for a day like today.

However....

While I was looking at the photos of this outfit I realised something.
This look is so far behind the latest trends that it is almost 'old'.
Are the true fashionistas totally over culottes and cold shoulders?
Probably.

I realise that I am WAY behind the fashion-party.
In fact, I have probably missed the bus all together... Taxi!!

And, you know what?
It's okay!

Warming up to a trend is a normal thing for regular people to do.

Lurching from one latest "must have" to another doesn't allow us the time to settle and enjoy.

It's okay for some items to be on a low simmer rather than vigorous boil!

Crinkle Pleated Culottes, Next Floral Cold Shoulder satin top, Clarks Sandals. Over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Culottes have been on a really slow burn for me.
I first tried them at the beginning of my blogging life and struggled (understatement!).
I felt awkward, frumpy and out of proportion.
In short... a sack of tatties! 
(Or a bag of potatoes for anyone unfamiliar with that phrase.)

Crinkle Pleated Culottes, Next Floral Cold Shoulder satin top, Clarks Sandals. Over 40 | Fake Fabulous

BUT...
As time (and style) moves on, my affections have changed.
Today I feel comfortable and confident.

Ditto the cold-shoulders....
From feeling awkward (and a bit silly) to feeling sleek and sexy.
Who'd have thought it?

Crinkle Pleated Culottes, Next Floral Cold Shoulder satin top, Clarks Sandals. Over 40 | Fake Fabulous

So the moral of my style story is; Do you own thing and follow your own path.

Yes, keep up with what is trending, and read fashion magazines/blogs.
Yes, keep trying new colours and new styles. 
BUT, don't give up on styles and colours that you love, and that make you happy.
In fact, don't give up on anything that makes you happy.
And, if your style is on a slow-burn when it comes to certain things (like me) then so be it!

Crinkle Pleated Culottes, Next Floral Cold Shoulder satin top, Clarks Sandals. Over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Are there any trends that you are just coming round to?
Are there any 'old' trends (or colour combinations) you still love?
Please share them in the comments.
I would love to hear from you.


I wanted to leave you with this ridiculous photo of me taken just as a bee flew in my ear! Hahahahaha
Much as I love bees, this one gave me a fright.
My husband almost fell over laughing!


CULOTTES: Matalan.... similar.
TOP: Next
SANDALS: Clarks... similar.
BAG: Bogner...splurge....save.... this one is fun!
GLASSES: Tkmax... similar.
EARRINGS: Asda... these are pretty.
RINGS & BANGLE: Gifts

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig