For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Embroidered Jeans, Bare Shoulders. GOOD Bra v's BAD Bra.

Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra | Fake Fabulous

Off the shoulder tops can be tricky to wear, can't they?
Especially as we get older and the ability to go bra-less is a distant memory (if it was ever an option in the first place)!

Cold shoulder, off the shoulder and bardot tops can look incredibly feminine and classy-sexy (flesh without the flash).

BUT...

They can often seem unwearable.
Especially when we consider our (lack of) underwear options.
No one wants to look matronly, and frumpy, with a chunky bra-strap on show.
Or with awkward bulges, lumps and bumps.
Fiddling, fidgeting and yanking at your underpinnings is never attractive either.
{We've all done it, haven't we?}
A well fitting bra is crucial... more on that in a moment.


GET THE LOOK



Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra | Fake Fabulous

These skinny embroidered jeans were in a charity shop for a couple of pounds.
Brand new and tagged.
The original owner had a change of heart (maybe they were just a little too tight?) but they are perfect for me!

I like the embroidered detail, which is by no means sophisticated or intricate but it gives the impression of a little bit something extra going on.

I really wanted to wear these tight jeans with an off the shoulder top that was sent to me from Ann in Hong Kong.
I've only ever worn it with layers (see that post HERE) and I really wanted to try it with my new strapless bra.

Strapless bras... useless, right?

I've never been a fan of a strapless bra.

  • They give an odd and lumpy looking shape.
  • Boobage ends up with a droopy appearance.
  • Not supportive.... at all!!
  • They ride up, move about and slip down.
  • The band is too tight and too uncomfortable.
  • A total waste of time!

However......

Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra | Fake Fabulous

After visiting a local independant lingerie shop I finally found a strapless bra that fits.
{As well as a few other styles!}

I felt like a bit of an idiot when the lovely ladies handed me the 'correct' size and I saw what they could do for my figure.
Once I had picked up a few new bras from Lepel, Wonderbra and B-tempted I felt like a new woman.
Friends even commented on "Something different?" and told me my (previously unmentioned) dress looked "amazing!"
That's got to be a good thing, right?

I have (finally) realised that importance of a good bra can't be overemphasised.
Especially with many of the modern fabrications (like viscose) that our clothes seem to be made from.
Fabrics can be structureless and clothes fit where they touch.
Many styles are unlined, and unforgiving.

A good bra can give structure and can even give the illusion of a fabulous figure.
Smoother, uplifted boobs and a more defined waist... making clothes look so much better.
An ill-fitting bra can ruin your outfit and destroy your confidence.

A great fit is like a "Eureka!" moment.
Comfort.
Support.
Shape.

Look at the sorry state of my bust in the image on the right (below).
My poor boobs are pushed into a strange position, squished and dragged down.
I also have strange bumps.
Even the top sits differently... like it's being dragged down.
Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra V's BAD BRA  | Fake Fabulous

The image on the right is of my old bra, which I thought fitted me perfectly!
Oh dear... {hangs head in shame}.

Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra V's BAD BRA  | Fake Fabulous
I don't have big breasts (by any stretch of the imagination) and some people may think smaller boobs don't need 'good' bras.
Surely only large breasted ladies need serious construction?

WRONG!

All breasts deserve a decent uplift.
All women deserve to look their best.

Most of us are wearing the wrong size of bra!

Even if we think we aren't.
Even if we think our bra looks okay, and it is comfortable.
Even if we think we know what we are doing.

I thought I had the perfect bra.
I had measured myself.
It was comfortable.
It looked smooth.
Hmmm...
I was wrong.

The most common mistake we make is wearing a back size that is too big.
Most of the time this is because the right fit feels too tight, and a bit uncomfortable.

{Guilty as charged.}

I have found out that it is important to bear with this initial tightness... the bra will loosen off slightly with wear, and should feel tight when it first goes on.
A new bra should be secured on the outside hooks.

Snug = Support.
Support = A great shape!

It's very important to try on plenty of bras to make the right choice.
Each brand is different, and each style fits in a different way.
A 34C in one style can be totally different from another, even within the same brand.
Try some on, and then try some more!
You may have to be flexible with your idea of "your size" and keep an open mind.

{You may think you are a 32B and turn out to be a 30D in one brand, a 30DD in another and a 28E in another. Just like someone I know...Ooops!}


Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra  | Fake Fabulous

At least my shoes fit properly 😜!

Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra | Fake Fabulous

When is the last time you were measured?
Do you find it hard to find a bra that fits well, and feels good?
Please share your favourite brand in the comments!

I'm also giving away 2 Multiway Bras  that were gifted to me from Fantasie.
All you have to do is send me an email (samantha44blair(at)gmail(dot)com) with your Fantasie bra size, and if you are one of the lucky winners, I will send you a new one!

I promise not to hand your details over to any 3 party and I also promise not to send you anything other than a "Congratulations!" email if you win... apart from the bra itself, of course 😀.

Boring, but essential Terms and Conditions....

  1. This giveaway is organised by myself and is not associated with any other party.
  2. The giveaway is just for fun, and a way for me to share my gifted items with my loyal readers.
  3. I will select the 2 winners from email and comment entries.
  4. There is no cash alternative.
  5. Unfortunately, I can not offer a return service or alternative sizes.... make sure you know your exact size in the Fantasie brand!
  6. There is no alternative prize (e.g different colourway or style).
  7. I will send the prizes out via regular UK or International post, depending on where you are.
  8. One winner will get a pair of briefs included in their parcel!
  9. I won't disclose the winners names or any other details.... if you want to share your win that's up to you.
  10. Good luck!

If you would also like to share your sizing story with me I would love to hear it!

TOP: A gift from Ann at Kremb de la Kremb....similar.
JEANS: Charity shop, originally George.... similar.
BAG: Vintage... this one is lovely.
CARDIGAN: Charity shop, originally Boden...similar.
SHOES: Timberland (old)...these are gorgeous!
SCARF: Old...this one is pretty.

Embroidered Jeans, Bare shoulders, Sheepskin Clog Mules & a Good Strapless Bra  | Fake Fabulous


SHOP for a GREAT new BRA!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig