For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Mixing Florals & My Least Favourite Style of Jeans!

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

Do you ever get stuck in a style rut?
A rut where you actively AVOID certain types of clothing?

Are you guilty of getting the fashion blinkers on, and only considering styles you know and love?
Whether it's a certain hemline or a particular style of jeans.

{Guilty}

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

In my case those blinkers are firmly fixed on skinny jeans.
Generally discounting all other styles, I head straight for them.
Skinnies have taken over from my old favourites... the bootcut jeans.

{See some of my skinny jean favourites HERE, HERE and HERE}

Bootcut jeans were my fashion staple in the 90's.
I loved my Levis to death, and wore out 4 pairs (it used to take a lot of effort to wear out those old jeans)... they quite literally fell to pieces!

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

Bootcut jeans have fallen off my radar... I would even go so far as to say I don't really like them any more.
I feel they are old fashioned, and a bit frumpy.
Yet (in the spirit of keeping an open mind) today I am in a pair of bootcut jeans... I thought it was about time I tried them again.

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

I'd forgotten how comfortable they are!
Skinny jeans can feel tight and restrictive, especially if you have to sit or kneel at any point during the day.
These bootcut jeans are comfortable enough to wear all day (even when I was curled up on the sofa in the evening).
I am not giving up my skinnies any time soon, but I will definitely be giving these easy-going jeans a spin more often!

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

I decided to team these bootcut jeans with a double dose of florals!

Florals are such a big trend for spring and (in my opinion) look great when mixed and clashed.
Layering florals is a little unexpected, and a lot more interesting than a single dose.

This floral top is in a lovely pink colour with fluted elbow length sleeves, that aren't annoying and too dangly.
The lightweight floral blazer matched and clashed just enough 😀... I can see this being worn a lot this season.

{See this post about OTT sleeves and my DIY solution}

It's still pretty chilly here, so I added a cosy striped layer underneath.

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

A simple satchel, and practical flat satin pumps finished my look of perfectly.

Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

Are you guilty of avoiding certain styles?
Or, favourite styles from your past that you used to live in?
Why do you avoid them?

Please share in the comments (or contact me) ...I would love to know!


Mixing Florals | Pink Floral blouse, Navy Blazer & Bootcut Jeans | Bonmarché

SHOES: Boden (old)....similar
BELT: GAP (old)
NECKLACE: A gift from a friend.
BANGLE: Charity shop
WATCH: Swatch...this one is lovely!
GLASSES: Primark...these are cool.


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig