For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Fab 40's Favourite Colours | Pink from Head to Toe

Fuchsia trousers, magenta bag, blush sandals, floral blouse | All Pink, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Welcome back to The fab 40s.

The fab 40s Favourite Colours.

This month's Fab 40s theme is "What's your favourite colour?"
Simple right?
Not really!

As a lover of SO many shades, this month's theme was particularly hard for me.
I wanted to pick yellow, but had posted this yellow outfit just the other day.
Red was an obvious one, but there has been so much red on my blog recently.
I also love green, and blue, and bright orange.
Decisions, decisions....

So, I did something a little different.

Fuchsia trousers, magenta bag, blush sandals, floral blouse | All Pink, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I picked a colour I've never really liked.
Wait...
What?
Was the brief not "Favorite colours"?

Let me explain.

Fuchsia trousers, magenta bag, blush sandals, floral blouse | All Pink, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I've always loved pink, but only on other people.
Admiring it from afar, and wishing it was my kind of colour.

I have played around with pink in unexpected ways but never really embraced it properly, so today I'm going bold and bright and mixing my pinks with gusto!

Fuchsia trousers, magenta bag, blush sandals, floral blouse | All Pink, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

From magenta, to fuschia, to pale blush... it's a pink-fest!

Fuchsia trousers, magenta bag, blush sandals, floral blouse | All Pink, over 40 | Fake Fabulous


Our Guest blogger this month... 

Catherine from Not Dressed as Lamb.

I'm super-excited to have this hugely successful, award winning and all-round lovely lady joining us this month.
As a regular reader of her blog I guessed that her colours would be blush pink and rose gold... (although orange could have been a good one to pick too).
I was very pleased to be half right!
Catherine can't put a (stylish) foot wrong in my book.

The Fab 40s in Colour | Not dressed as lamb

Sheela from Sheela Writes.

Sheela is a naughty girl here!
Choosing an achromatic palette and trying to pass it off as a colour.
She is such a rebel.
{I would expect no less!}
As always Sheela's attitude makes this outfit stand out from the crowd.

The Fab 40s in Colour | Sheela Writes

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

Ann totally surprised me with her colour choice.
I was convinced she was going to choose red.
However, the velvet is no surprise at all.... she has a bit of a 'thing' for it.
I love this shot of her, so beautiful!

The Fab 40s in Colour | Kremb de la Kremb

I had a feeling that flame haired Jennie would be in bright green.
{It makes perfect sense}
Red hair and green is a classic combination that always packs a punch.
I love her bold and beautiful style.
That vintage dress is knockout!

The Fab 40s in Colour | A Pocketful of polka dots

Diane has also surprised me with her colour  (I thought she was going to choose khaki and blush pink) but not her camouflage.
I knew there would be a touch of the tomboy somewhere!
Laid back cool, with killer heels. 

The Fab 40s in Colour | Fashion on the fourth floor

Mary from Curlybyrdie Chirps

Ive got a bit of an obsession with yellow at the moment and this bold outfit is ticking every box for me.
So striking and cheerful.
Mary's wearing her own sunshine and I love it!

The fab 40s in Colour | Curlybyrdie Chirps

Veronica from CID Style file.

I thought Veronica was going to choose something a little tomboyish and different and she didn't let me down.
Dungarees, gutties and a burgundy bomber... perfect!

The fab 40s in Colour | CID style file

What's YOUR favourite colour?
Is your favourite colour different from the colours you actually wear?

Please let me know by leaving me a comment.
Or contact me.
I love hearing from you.


TROUSERS: Topshop... these are pretty but not as bright...these chinos are bold!
TOP: Bonmarché (c/o)... this one is beautiful.
GLASSES: Fenchurch
SHOES: Vagabond
EARRINGS: H&M... these are nice.
BAG: Lloyd Baker... this one is beautiful.....here is a great budget option.

SHOP the LOOK






SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig