For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Why I Grew Out my Pixie...then Chopped it off Again!


Let's talk about hair...


Hair can be a wonderful thing.
You can cut it.
Colour it.
Grow it.
Style it.
Play around and have fun with it.

If you love your hairstyle, it's easily maintained.
If you get bored easily, your hair can change with a few snips!

Mother nature decides how you look, and sometimes she doesn't share out the attributes too fairly!

You can't do anything about your face.
{Without resorting to dramatic medical procedures}

You can't do anything about your height, and very little about your body-shape.

BUT...
Your hair is something special.
Your hair can be a whole lot of fun!


If you have been following my blog for a while you will have noticed that I have recently been growing my hair (again!).

My hair has been most colours over the years, from black to (almost) white to green!
It has been in just about every style from waist long hennaed braids, to peroxide and shaved.
I LOVE experimenting with my hair.

Last year I got bored and decided to grow out my pixie cut.

See part one of the Pixie grow-out HERE.
And, part two HERE.

Growing out my hair was fun while it lasted (I loved some of the stages) BUT as my hair crept down I felt my face was being dragged down with it!

I felt frumpy and dowdy and generally "meh".
Syling became a chore.
Washing was a bore and I felt like I had aged 10 years!
Then I saw this....


Short.
Sassy.
Full of attitude.

As I headed to the hairdressers for a "tidy-up and a trim" I found myself asking her to cut it all off.
"Give me back my pixie cut!"
My hairdresser laughed...she knew this was coming!

It feels GREAT.

Four minutes in the shower.
One minute with the hairdryer.
Leaving Ten minutes to do the most relaxing and enjoyable part of my 'getting ready' routine...applying some makeup.

{I find it so relaxing and calming.}

And the best part?
I feel like ME again!

GET SOME HAIR GOODIES...




Tell me your Hair story...

Do you change your hair regularly?
Do you have a style you love/hate?
Are you growing yours out, or tempted to chop it off?
What are your hair issues?

Please share your story in the comments.
I would love to hear your thoughts.


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig