For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Bright Spring Look | Hot Pink Crops & Nautical Stripes!

Bright Spring Look | Hot Pink Crops & Nautical Stripes! Fake Fabulous, over 40

This outfit is one of those that shouldn't really work.
It mixes colours that don't go together and uses proportions that are unflattering and even awkward.
PLUS
None of these colours are my best colours.

{If you want to know what colours work best for you,  check out THIS POST}

The rules of proportion are being ignored here.
Luckily, I've never been much of a fan of rules.
Today the rulebook has left the building!

Bright Spring Look | Hot Pink Crops & Nautical Stripes! Fake Fabulous, over 40

This outfit ticks a few essential boxes for me.
  • Comfortable.
  • Warm.
  • Bright and Cheerful.
  • A nod to spring.... nautical stripes ALWAYS appear in the "new" spring lines.
  • A hint of fun.
  • Hides my ongoing extra 'few pounds'....Must remedy the muffin top (Typed whilst nibbling on some deliciously creamy 72% chocolate....oops)
These trousers are set to be my spring/summer go-to trousers.
The hot pink seems to go with everything!
{See them styled HERE}
I know that sounds silly (how can hot pink go with everything??) but they seem to add life to whatever I pair them with.

Gutties seemed the only footwear worth choosing today, anything else was too dressed up and stuffy looking.
{I had to add a sheepskin liner to these shoes to stop my toes freezing!}

A secret thermal base-layer (plus a vintage silk blouse) under this wool-mix jumper was just enough to keep out the cold.
This pretty silk scarf added a pop of brightness (and extra warmth) just where I needed it.
My fun bag finished things off nicely!

Bright Spring Look | Hot Pink Crops & Nautical Stripes! Fake Fabulous, over 40

Layering a baggy jumper over a baggy shirt, over baggy 3/4 trousers, may be a little shapeless and perhaps not the most flattering ensemble?

I know my waist is not defined.
Yes, my legs are visibly shortened.
BUT, I feel comfortable and ready for the day.
Sometimes you can't beat a little sloppiness!

Do you have a comfortable (but not very flattering) outfit?
Please share details in the comments.
I would love to hear all about it!

TROUSERS: Topshop... similar
JUMPER: c/o Bonmarche
SHIRT: Vintage... similar.
BAG: Tkmax (old)...this one is nice.
SHOES: Guess...these are cool!
SCARF: A gift from a friend....this is pretty.

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig