For the imperfect Fashion lover.

4 Ways to Wear Fishnets | PPP gets a Make-Over!

Boden Midi Skirt, Leopard top, Chunky Brogues &Fishnet tights | Fake Fabulous | 4 ways to wear fishnets

Welcome to the first of the new (and improved?.. you be the judge of that!) Ping Pong Posts.

After 12 months of sending clothes backwards and forwards, we have decided to change things up a little.
Each month Anna, Ann and I are going to style a "classic" item.
An item that many of us will have lurking in our wardrobes.
Items that we might be tired of?
Or, items we always seem to wear the same way?

This month we are styling fishnet tights.

Do you own a pair?


Boden Midi Skirt, Leopard top, Chunky Brogues &Fishnet tights | Fake Fabulous | 4 ways to wear fishnets

Confession time....

Despite wearing (almost) fishnets in THIS POST I don't actually own a pair of fishnet tights because I really don't like them.
I don't like how they look on my legs.
I don't like how they feel on my toes.
I don't like the vibe they give off.

They are not for me at all.

So, when the ladies dropped the fishnet bombshell my heart sank.

However, I do love a challenge so I waited for inspiration to strike.

{Come on inspiration...hurry up!!}

Boden Midi Skirt, Leopard top, Chunky Brogues &Fishnet tights | Fake Fabulous | 4 ways to wear fishnets

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a pair of fishnets because I knew I would never wear them again.
{Maybe I could get one of my girls to draw the design on my legs? 😛}
Luckily, I happened to come across a pair during one of my charity shop visits and snapped them up.
New, with a 50p price tag... result!

These fishnet tights are a soft khaki colour which were much easier for me to style than the classic black.
I decided the only way to wear something I am not comfortable with, is to team it with things I am very comfortable with.

So, a simple t-shirt and my striped midi skirt came out to help (see this skirt HERE and HERE... and the black version HERE).
The leopard top and stripe skirt acted as a security blanket for my awkward limbs!
My trusty chunky brogues helped make this seem even more like "me".
A plain bag, and statement earrings, finished things off nicely.

My husband said I looked like a character out of an old French Film... I'm not too sure if that was a compliment or not... 😕... Hmmmm.

Unfortunately (?) my fingers went through these tights when I visited the loo, so my spare (opaque) pair had to come out of my bag.
Unsurprisingly, I got over this accident quickly!

I must admit that I am glad to move on from my brush with fishnets and hand you over to some fabulous ladies who certainly know how to rock them!

First, can I introduce you to our guest this month....

Mary from Miss Mary Powers


Mary's blog is full of all things pretty, feminine and stylish.
{After seeing her fishnet outfit I wanted to pack up and go home!}

Blending black and tan effortlessly (with a touch of grey to stop things looking too matchy-matchy) This outfit is the perfect way to make fishnets look casual, and cool.
Strikingly simple but with all of the WOW needed to turn heads.

Be sure to follow Mary on Instagram for more inspiration.


Anna from Anna's Island Style



Anna has taken to this challenge like a duck to water!
{Well, she does swim in the sea everyday... hence those amazingly toned pins}

Of course Anna's fishnets are far from ordinary... they are electric blue!
Mixing blue and green (naughty girl, has she read the rule book?) for a fun and flirty look.
Anna has made these fishnets fit in to her colourful style.
Pop over to her blog for a closer look at those shoes.
Bravo Anna!


Ann from Kremb de la Kremb


How sexy does Ann look here?!
There is something about ripped jeans with patterned tights peeping through....Va va voom!! 
Ann has kept her look simple, casual and fun.
Jeans, a leather jacket and a cheeky t-shirt.
What could be simpler?

Did I mention those SHOES....sigh....I love Love LOVE!



Boden Midi Skirt, Leopard top, Chunky Brogues &Fishnet tights | Fake Fabulous | 4 ways to wear fishnets


What do you think of our new format?
Is there a classic item you would like to see featured?
What about Fishnets...Do you find them easy to wear?
How do you style yours?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.
I love hearing them!

SHOP FOR FISHNETS



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig