For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Underwear as Outerwear.

Fake fabulous| Slip top, sequin shrug, palazzo trousers, irregular choice shoes.


Slip dresses are everywhere (again) this spring/summer.
But how can we tap into the trend, over 40, without looking like a sack of spuds?

{Spuds=Potatoes, to anyone wondering what I am talking about!}

I don't know about you, but my days of wearing nothing but a slip dress and teeny-tiny briefs are over.
I love the look of a slip dress.
However, the beautiful lines (and delicate fluidity) of them is ruined by the addition of undies.
I am going to leave these flimsy beauties to the (lucky) bra-less.

I attempted to tap into the slip dress trend (a little) back at Christmas time.

{See how I styled my vintage 90's almost-slip dress}

I love my black dress, but springtime calls for lighter fabrics.
This beautiful top was perfect!

The fabric is pure silk, and feels delightful against the skin.
The top itself is just delicate (and sexy) enough to look on-trend, but it still allowed me to wear a (pretty) bra underneath.
Thank goodness for that!
The lace panel was calling out for some layered necklaces, so I added some silver and pearls.

Fake fabulous| Slip top, sequin shrug, palazzo trousers, irregular choice shoes.

These wide-legged, high-waisted trousers seemed the ideal partner for such a delicate top.
Light and flowing, but providing coverage and structure to my look.
I teamed them with my much-loved leather obi belt.

{I am breaking the short-waisted rules again. Naughty!]

This sequined charity shop gem (it cost one whole pound!!) worked well as a coverup.
It added some colour and texture to an otherwise 'plain' look.

My gorgeous mint and gold shoes, and a caged clutch, finished things off perfectly!

Fake fabulous| Slip top, sequin shrug, palazzo trousers, irregular choice shoes.

Are you wearing slip dresses, or tops, this season?
How will you style them?

Please let me know in the comments....or tweet me @samantha4blair.


If you like this post you might enjoy...

What to wear on a date, over 40.
What to wear to an (evening) wedding reception.


Slip: Alchem1st (similar)
Trousers: Stolen heart (similar)
Shoes: Irregular choice (gorgeous!)
Bag: Love dreams (this is similar, but I am dreaming of this one)
Cardigan: Charity shop. (similar...ish)
Obi belt: TkMaxx (similar)
Necklaces: All old or vintage (similar, similar, similar)

Shop the look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig