For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Transitional Layering for Cold Spring Days .

Fake Fabulous | Transitional spring layering | Lace, pearls and shearling mules.

Spring is in the air!


Spring is definitely in the air.
And, thank goodness for that!
It is my second favourite season (after autumn)...full of hope and anticipation.

Spring time, in the UK, brings the hope of a long and deliciously warm summer.
Hot, dry days and beautiful balmy evenings.

Of course, this hardly ever actually happens!
BUT, that annual hope is always born in springtime.

Unfortunately, it is still pretty cold here in Scotland.
However, the sun is shining and I am full of the (optimistic) joys of spring!

This sunny day called for some spring-like (but still warm) layering.
Oh, and my shearling mules.

Joy of joys...I LOVE these shoes!
They are so comfortable.
I mean really comfortable.
The platform makes the heel height feel very manageable, and the shearling lining is a dream against the skin.

I have to admit that I would have liked a back strap to hold them on a little better (when moving at speed) but I just need to resign myself to moving a little slower on mule days!

These mules are surprisingly warm too, making my bare heels (and ankles) almost cosy.
No pop socks needed!
{The shoes are also working with my hair...doing a little bit of bookending...an added bonus}

Fake Fabulous | Transitional spring layering | Lace, pearls and shearling mules.

I am wearing a full thermal base layer under this outfit.
A lightweight, long-sleeved top and matching leggings.
They are close fitting, and comfortable.
Essential (and hidden) warmth on such a cold day.

I am not normally a bare-flesh person (and I hardly have the ability to go crazy with the cleavage) but this scoop necked top seemed the perfect choice.
It felt more ballerina-pretty than cleavage-sexy, and was just enough coverage under my lace top.
{I last wore this lace in summer...in this post.}

This pearl collar sits over my collarbone and adds a little more warmth to my outfit.
That sounds silly but it honestly works!

I love how this half-sleeved, edge-to-edge cardigan has just enough fluff to be cosy, but is light enough to keep the whole look airy and fresh.
A scarf added more light, movement and interest.

Fake Fabulous | Transitional spring layering | Lace, pearls and shearling mules.
Fake Fabulous | Transitional spring layering | Lace, pearls and shearling mules.

Do you have any styling tricks that help you transition from winter to spring?
Or, on colder days in spring and summer?

Please let me know by leaving a comment, or tweet me @samantha4blair.

I love hearing your thoughts!

Fake Fabulous | Transitional spring layering | Lace, pearls and shearling mules.



Jeans: Falmer (similar)
Shoes: Timberland (old)...these are great!
Lace tunic: Unknown (this is pretty)
Bag: Charity shop (this one is really nice)
Cuff: Topshop (this is nothing like it, but gorgeous!)
Necklace: Tkmaxx (this is nice)
Top: Boden (similar)
Pearl Collar: I don't remember! This one is nice.
Scarf: A gift (similar)
Cardigan: H&M (this one is pretty)
Glasses: Primark (similar)

Get the look:


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig