For the imperfect Fashion lover.

As Minimal as it gets! | Simple Daywear, over 40.

I am guessing that 'minimal' dressing is, perhaps, not the first thing you think of when you visit FakeFabulous.com.

Colour? Yes.
Pattern? Probably.
Minimal shapes and monochrome colour palettes? Hmmm....Not so much!

Fake Fabulous | My version of minimal. Simple daywear, over 40.

Minimal Chic


Don't get me wrong. I love the minimal look!
On other people.

I follow some, very cool, minimal stylists on instagram (thanks to my minimally chic stepdaughter) and I love their images.
BUT, the minimal look is is not something that I can pull off easily myself.

I think perhaps it is my haphazard personality that dictates my mixed-up style of dressing.
I am always reaching for...
"Just a little something"
 ...to add to my look, and satisfy my mood.

So, this late winter outfit, is a minimalist as I am willing to go (for now)!

Fake Fabulous | My version of minimal. Simple daywear, over 40.

Skinny jeans are back!


I wanted to wear my skinny jeans again after the BIG vote of confidence they received in this post... Are Skinny jeans really over? 
Skinny jeans don't seem to be going anywhere.
We (as women with the buying power to dictate the trends) are not ready to let them go.

Skinny jeans are the perfect partner for oversized (or baggy) tops like this sporty-feeling tunic.
Chunky, black, lace-up boots and vintage, silver, heart earrings kept the look tonal and simple.

Fake Fabulous | My version of minimal. Simple daywear, over 40.

A little pattern please...


I could not completely resist a little pattern play, so I wore this zigzag coat.
It is a neat fit, with a muted colourway, and just enough 'fun' to stop me snoozing.

My new, grey, patent bucket bag finished things off perfectly.

Fake Fabulous | My version of minimal. Simple daywear, over 40.

Fake Fabulous | My version of minimal. Simple daywear, over 40.

Do you love simple and classic lines/colours?
Or do you love your brights/pastels/neons?

How minimal can you go?
Please let me know in the comments or tweet me @samantha4blair.

You know I love to hear your thoughts and ideas!


P.S If you like this plain(er) look you might like these...

Pared back dressing.
Wearing all white.
Cute and simple outfit, for work.

Coat: Boden (this is nice)
Boots: Unbranded (Charity shop find)...these office ones are perfect!
Jeans: Topshop
Tunic: BDG @Urban outfitters.
Bag: Dune (this one is nice)
Gloves: Dents
Earrings: Old (these are pretty)

Shop the look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig