For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Work to Party Outfit: Part 2 | 5 minute party look.

Day wear to Dance floor in minutes!


Here is a very quick and easy work-to-party look.
All you need is a simple "Party Kit" that you can either take to work on the day, or keep in your locker or at your desk.

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

My EMERGENCY Winter party kit includes:

  • Party shoes
  • A beaded clutch
  • Quality opaque tights (as a spare)
  • A belt
  • Earrings
  • Lipstick
  • Mascara
  • Blush
  • Hair wax
  • Concealer
  • Good quality facial wipes
Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

I started off the Day like this... See the full post here.

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

Casual and comfortable.
You can easily modify this look to suit your work environment.
I know some workplaces are much more formal than others.
I am lucky enough to wear whatever I want, hence my favourite boots!
A more classic boot would completely change the look, and feel, of this outfit.

I needed a super-quick turnaround time.
5 minutes to change, then out the door to have fun!

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

I quickly popped to the ladies to slip off my jumper and polo neck (which was under my dress).
I then removed my boots and socks and put on these chunky, velvet, beaded heels.
They are real party shoes!
See them styled here, for a wedding.

As you can see in this shot....it was VERY windy when we took these photos!

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

I chose a wide, patent belt to bring a different texture to this simple look.
My beaded clutch added another pattern and some more interest, without too much effort!

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

Velvet shoes | Fake fabulous

Work-to-party, 5 minute look | Fake Fabulous

These large tassel earrings were the perfect finishing touch.

Two minute Party makeup:


  • Forget about reapplying a base, you will only end up chalky, emphasising any wrinkles and dry patches you may have.
  • Tidy up any mess around your eyes with a makeup wipe.
  • Reapply mascara. A couple of coats looks great.
  • Apply some light concealer to any dark circles, spots or redness....don't over do it though!
  • A cream blush can give a pretty glow (this Chanel one is fantastic! Pricey but worth it)
  • Add a statement lip! It is the easiest to make a daytime look instantly glamorous.

To finish off my five minute look I used some hair wax/paste to 'mess up' my crop.
Perfect hair is so old fashioned, If in doubt be slightly tousled!

Shop my makeup look:



If you had 5 minutes to get ready for a party what would you do?

Please let me know in the comments...or tweet me @samantha4blair

Dress: Boden (old) this one is similar. This is their new version.
Tights: Falke
Earrings: Unknown (these are lovely)
Clutch: Primark (this one is nice and on sale...quick!)
Belt: Coast (old) This one is similar
Shoes: Kurt Geiger (I am a little bit in love with these!)

Shop my look:


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig