For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What to wear on a rainy day.

Rain rain go away.....

What can you wear when it won't stop raining, but you still want to look nice?

Moaning, discussing and speculating about the weather is such a British thing to do.
It is constantly changing, giving us lots to talk about. It is the perfect "small-talk" topic.

However, this constant rain is getting a bit tedious now.
I am fed up wearing my bright blue (glow in the dark) wellies....see them here.
Yes, they are colourful and fun BUT, I want to look a little smarter.

What about Posh wellies?
Are they the perfect solution to my boot boredom?
Or, utterly pointless?
Can wellies EVER be chic?

There is no getting away from the fact that our welly weather is set to continue.
Waterproofs and wellies continue to be necessary to get anywhere without a good soaking.

Today, however, I decided to try and smarten things up a little.
It seems a ridiculous thing to say about an outfit based around a pair of Wellies.
Smart and Wellies don't really go together, do they?
But, I had to do something!
Dressing like a teenaged boy was getting a bit boring.

{You could imagine this outfit with a pair of smart leather knee boots (or OTK boots) if you are living in slightly less soggy conditions}

Vintage knit, mini and wellies | Fake Fabulous

I was determined to wear something feminine so I reached for this vintage knit (last seen here with cords and a denim jacket....I am daydreaming about denim-jacket weather).
It is bubblegum pink with a pussy bow, you can't get much more girly than that!
Pink and Navy are a match made in colour heaven, so my spotty mini was the perfect partner. See the mini styled here...and the story of my wardrobe malfunction!
Navy opaques and some over-the-knee floral socks added more feminine elements to the look (I would have liked a chunkier sock for more warmth and space-filling ability...Wellies are always ENORMOUS on my legs).
I added a chunky pair of wool socks (which were out of sight) to keep my feet warm, and stop them moving about in the boots.

Vintage knit and a barbour jacket | Fake Fabulous

The wind had died down to a dull roar, so I ditched my oversized waterproof and added a waxed jacket.
It does not have a hood, but my brolly could be up without me taking off Mary Poppins style!
{I also had an emergency hat in my bag, which I had to use}

I can't say that I felt 'smart' or 'chic', but these boots did make a nice change.
I have just noticed that my boots are filthy!
Sorry folks....it's a mudbath here.

Wet weather outfit, Wedge wellies | Fake Fabulous

Jumper: Vintage (this red one is nice)
Skirt: Boden (This flippy one is gorgeous...and an even better colour!)
Boots: Wedge wellies
Jacket: Barbour
Socks: Fat Face

Shop my look:



Wedge wellies | Fake fabulous

I am longing for a cold snap.
I want to wear my wool coats, faux fur, cosy hats, woolly socks and suede boots.
Come on Winter! Give us a break here!

What is the weather like where you are?
Bored with the sunshine?
Knee deep in snow?
Soaked to the skin?
Please share in the comments....I love to read them!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig