For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter! | 7 favourite Autumn looks.

My 7 favourite outfits of the Autumn.

As Autumn loses it's grip, here in Scotland, Winter is (not so) slowly creeping in.
The weather outside the window today is AWFUL.
Howling wind.
Driving rain.
Bitter cold.
YUCK.
So, as I have been driven out of a chic OOTD and inside (into multiple cosy layers and chunky wool socks) I decided to pick some of my favorite Autumn outfits.
Autumn has been a relatively short season this year. We were a little spoiled with a warm(ish) Indian Summer. See This Post with my favourite summer looks, written at the beginning of October! I talk about it being a warm day as I type...a million miles away from how I feel today.

My Autumn Favourites:


1. Avatar chic, Cobalt blue and Black leather.

This outfit was inspired by fabulous bright blue tights.
And, the realisation that my Grandpa was right all along!
A cleaner and sharper shape (for me) and forbidden colours made this one of my favourites to wear.
Read the original post to find out what I wore underneath the dress (to make it a bit more 'me') and why it is okay to head into the forbidden-colour-zone!
One of the comments on this post mentioned being like an Avatar (hence the title) and I loved that!

Avatar Chic | Fake Fabulous


2. Vintage skirt and a cropped jumper....with purple tights!

This outfit was inspired by some purple tights.
{There seems to be a theme developing here!}
They were the perfect partner for this vintage wool skirt and then the rest of the outfit fell into place.
Sometimes (read: almost always) fun is on the top of my list when it comes to clothes.
The only thing I wish I could change about this look is my lip colour.
I chose a nude because I am (or at least used to be) a lipstick-wimp!
See this post about wearing brighter lipstick.
If I wore this today, I would have been bolder.

What colour would you have chosen for me?
Red?
Purple?
Please let me know in the comments (or on the original post)

Vintage style  | Fake Fabulous

3. Chunky knit and chunkier boots!

This outfit came together because of this jumper.
Which, I thought was going to be an internet disappointment but ended up one of those pleasant shopping surprises.
See the original post for details.
The rest of the outfit fell together easily.
Cosy, comfortable and fun to wear...especially these HIGH boots!

Chunky knit and Chunkier boots | Fake Fabulous

 4. Winter white and camel.

This outfit is all about my favourite boots.
Oxblood/burgundy is such a versatile colour, they go with anything!
They are (very) old and have been re-soled many times.
I love them, and I am always on the lookout for a similar pair for the awful day when they finally give up the ghost.
I wore my Camel Coat over this look which made it very demure and ladylike.
For a while anyway!

Have you ever seen boots similar?
If so, please let me know!

Winter White and Camel | Fake Fabulous

 5. A Tartan Cape, with Denim and Spots!

I wore this layered look back in September.
Navy, burgundy and denim are a great combination. 
I had a little "wardrobe malfunction" in this skirt. You can read about that unfortunate incident in the original post.
However, it is still one of my favourite looks...despite the little 'mishap'!

Tartan, denim and spots | Fake Fabulous

6. Poppy appeal. Over-the-knee Boots and a Parisian twist.

Poppy red is a gorgeous colour.
I love wearing it.
I even wore a red lip here!
This outfit started with my 'vintage 90's' OTK boots and how I wanted to style them without looking trashy (It is tricky).
And, ended up with this part-Parisian, part-Sex and the city inspired look.
Read the original post for some things to bear in mind when buying (and wearing) over-the-knee boots....especially as we get older.

Poppy red & Parisian Chic | Fake Fabulous

 7. 70's inspired, psychedelic chic.

This outfit was inspired by the 70's trend that seems to have been around forever. Okay, not quite, but it does not seem to be going anywhere!
From the 70's Summer-of-love kaftans, chunky sandals and floppy hats to the fur gilets, flares and chunky boots of the Autumn. There is no escape.
Read the original post to find out how I got over my fear of the 70's style.
And, the story of my bargain-to-beat-all-bargains!

70's inspired look | Fake Fabulous.

What do you think of my Autumn picks?
Would you have chosen others or do you agree with my choices?
Please let me know in the comments....I value your comments and opinion!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig