For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Stuff those New Year Resolutions! Winter Outfit Idea

Checked coat, Aran knit, coated Jeans | Casual winter outfit | Fake Fabulous

How do you feel about New Year resolutions?
Do you make a nice little (or long) list every New Year?
Or, are you like me and know that making resolutions for yourself is a waste of time?
For me. resolutions a load of old tosh!

New Year.
New ME...?
Stuff that!

The old me will have to be good enough!

I'm not making big promises to myself for 2019.
Promises I can't keep.
I'm simply going to try my best to do my best in all aspects of my life.
So, I'm starting with a cosy and comfy winter outfit.
Dressing as I mean to go on in 2019!

Checked coat, Aran knit, coated Jeans | Casual winter outfit | Fake Fabulous

Today, I'm wearing the perfect outfit for a cold Scottish day.

This checked coat was a Christmas gift from a friend and it's right up my alley!
Warm and colourful.
Just what I need on a winter's day.

I've added this gorgeous little brooch which was also a gift from an equally stylish friend, with a great eye for what I love to wear.

I'm very lucky to know such amazing women!

I've teamed these fab items with a pair of super-comfortable boots that may not be the most stylish, edgy or sexy boots I own but they're SO comfortable.
My feet are warm and happy.
The boots are also waterproof which is perfect for the Scottish climate.
Although today the weather is nice and dry... long may it continue!

Checked coat, Aran knit, coated Jeans | Casual winter outfit | Fake Fabulous

Of course, you know I'm layered up to the MAX here with:

  • Leggings under my coated jeans.
  • 2 pairs of socks.
  • Legwarmers.
  • A thermal vest and another base-layer.
  • A lightweight knit under my chunky jumper.
  • Wristwarmers inside my sleeves (a DIY from a shrunken jumper)

Warm as toast!

Checked coat, Aran knit, coated Jeans | Casual winter outfit | Fake Fabulous

So for 2019, I'm planning on doing more of the same stuff that happened in 2018...

  • Dressing well but with warmth and comfort the priority.
  • Eating enough of the good stuff and plenty of the bad stuff too!
  • Drinking water (when I remember).
  • Trying (and probably failing) to stop nibbling my cuticles.
  • Work harder at Fake Fabulous.
  • Keep going to the gym and staying fit.
The only 'new' things I hope to do is read more books and start knitting again, but only if time allows.
I'm certainly not beating myself up about it.

So what about you?
Are you on a mission of change something this year or is it more of the same for 2019?
Are you fabulous enough?!

I'd love to hear all about it.

Checked coat, Aran knit, coated Jeans | Casual winter outfit | Fake Fabulous

JEANS: Old
JUMPER: Vintage (Charity Shopped)
COAT: A gift from a friend.
BROOCH: A gift from a friend.
BAG: Charity shopped
BOOTS: c/o Josef Seibel... now reduced!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig