For the imperfect Fashion lover.

3 Amazing Dresses | 3 BIG disappointments | Part 1


I bet this is a familiar tale...
You spot a dress (or another fabulous item) online.
You fall in love.

Your finger hits [Add to Basket].
Your credit card details are entered.

The item of your dreams is about to be yours.
You can imagine it being worn to every occasion, looking great with most things in your wardrobe.
It's the stuff fashion fairytales are made of.

Or is it?


Mixed Floral and Zebra print Satin Dress | Fake Fabulous

This is how my story started...

After searching online I spotted three dresses and fell in love with them all.
I bided my time until they hit the sales (full-price is rarely the price I like to pay).
It didn't take long.
Bold styles tend to find their way into the sale rail pretty quickly.
As soon as the price dropped I snapped them up!

I waited with excitement for them to arrive.

Then...

Disaster.

To say the dresses were a disappointment is a bit of an understatement.
I think my reaction as I opened the bags was...

"WTF?"

Not very ladylike, I'm sorry... but I felt cheated.

They were going straight back!

Mixed Floral and Zebra print Satin Dress | Fake Fabulous

However, as I was wrapping them up to send back I thought I would try them on and share my pain with you!

I'm sharing the best of a bad lot with you today... and there are two more howlers to follow.

NOTE: I've 'styled' (if you can call it that?!) all three dresses with the same black poloneck, tights and boots. Just so you can see them all on an equal footing.

Mixed Floral and Zebra print Satin Dress | Fake Fabulous

This first dress is the best of the bunch and it's no great accolade as the other two are pretty terrible.

It may be the best out of the three BUT it was my biggest disappointment.
I had such high hopes!

Online, the pattern and the satin fabric made me giddy with joy.
When it arrived the fabric felt thinner than expected but decent enough, then reality hit.
I had a closer look at seams and cut, then my heart sank.

Mixed Floral and Zebra print Satin Dress | Fake Fabulous

The sizing is bizarre!
It's supposed to be a UK 8.
I'm a UK 10 and it's hanging off.

Worst of all, the finish is awful.

My husband described it perfectly...

"That looks like one of the kids made it in school."

Hmmmm.... not a great compliment for a dress!

Mixed Floral and Zebra print Satin Dress | Fake Fabulous

It had so much potential.

On-trend for 2019:

  • Pattern mixing
  • Zebra print
  • Satin fabric
  • Midi-length
  • BOLD


NOT on trend EVER:

  • Bad seams
  • Dodgy sizing 
  • Gaping/bagging at the bust
  • Clinging fabric

Oh dear.

Have you had a similarly disappointing experience recently?
I'd love to hear about it!

Please stay tuned for 'Amazing Dress Disappointment' no. 2!

Things take a turn for the worse next time.
(My husband made me laugh out loud with his observation)

BTW, You can find this dress HERE... if you fancy your chances!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig