For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Blue Shirt and Blue Toes! Feeling the Cold

Longline shirt, Topshop Orson Jeans, Sequin Shoes | Fake Fabulous

First, a blogging truth...

"Blimey... I was NITHERED in these photos!"

{Translation: Goodness me, I was feeling the cold whilst having these photographs taken!}
Longline shirt, Topshop Orson Jeans, Sequin Shoes | Fake Fabulous

Blog photos can be very challenging.
Even if you don't venture out into tricky locations and/or wrestle with outfits in the back of cars, getting a simple shot of a simple look can feel like torture when the elements are against you.

Take these photos for example...

Longline shirt, Topshop Orson Jeans, Sequin Shoes | Fake Fabulous

It seems simple enough.
I was wearing an outfit, my chief photographer took some photos of it.
Easy right?

The problem is when the outfit you're wearing doesn't suit the weather outside.
It may LOOK sunny but by-golly it was cold!

I was ready to go out and had a bright idea!

"Let's take a few shots of this look before we go."

So, instead of jumping into a nice warm taxi, I took off my (boring and practical) coat and popped outside.

Oh, my giddy aunt!
I was freezing cold... (even with a sneaky thermal baselayer) and saw instant goosebumps appearing.
I could even feel my poor toes turning blue!

Longline shirt, Topshop Orson Jeans, Sequin Shoes | Fake Fabulous

It's a bad day when you have to jog on the spot (in heels) and say to your photographer...

"Hang on a second while I try and look warm."

So these photos took no longer than a few minutes.
I couldn't stand the cold.

This made me wonder how professional models cope photographing summer outfits in the bitter cold.
Pretending to be warm.

Hat's off to these ladies and gents... they must be made of tough stuff!


Can you tell how cold I was feeling?
I thought I styled it out quite well, but you can be the judge of that! 😁


SHIRT: Charity shopped... similar
JEANS: Topshop (old but still available)
SHOES: Charity shopped
NECKLACES: All three were gifts

Longline shirt, Topshop Orson Jeans, Sequin Shoes | Fake Fabulous

GET THE (chilly) LOOK!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig