For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Why there's NO Excuse for PJs in Public! Cosy Winter Outfit

Burgundy Jumper Dress and Vinyl Leggings | Fake Fabulous

Cue (very) boring sob story...
I've been in bed with a nasty cold for the past 3 days and it's no fun at all.

{Are those violins I hear playing?}

Feeling like a ball of pain is bad enough but the weather has been glorious and all I can think about is how I could have had some great outfit photos in the beautiful light.

{Light, or lack of it, is every blogger's obsession!}

So, I'm writing this from my bed wearing my old PJs and a scabby dressing gown.
Sitting here with a nose like Rudolf (and unbelievably dry and itchy skin, for some reason?) I look a real mess.
Which got me thinking...

Burgundy Jumper Dress and Vinyl Leggings | Fake Fabulous

My current PJs 'outfit' is certainly an atypical blogger look but a realistic one for many people.
Some even venture out in public in theirs!
I've seen dogs being walked, buses caught and shopping being bought with people's pyjamas tucked into their (fake) ugg boots.

I understand why they do it.
It's all about comfort.

Why bother making an effort when no one bats an eyelid at your PJs, joggers or onesie?
What's the point of getting dressed when you're just walking the dog or picking up a pint of milk?
Who really cares?
I understand.
I do.

BUT, as I lie here feeling (and looking) like a female version of Nosferatu I realise that I really DO care.
As much as I love comfort I refuse to be seen outside in nightwear.
There is just no need for it.

Of course, life is not one big glamour-a-thon.
Not of us are chic and stylish all of the time (despite what social media would have you believe).
We all have off days.
Saggy joggers days.
PJ days.

BUT.
THERE IS NEVER A GOOD REASON TO WEAR PYJAMAS IN PUBLIC.

Never Ever ...

Okay, maybe at a pyjama party but even then I'd be tempted to wear a pyjama-style co-ord instead of actual pyjamas which are inevitably a bit saggy and baggy, no matter how nice they are to sleep in.

Most of my outfits are not that far away from PJ-territory when it comes to comfort anyway!

Take today's look...
{It's not really from today but you know what I mean.}

This outfit is such a typical 'Me' style.
Pretty lazy and very practical.

All about comfort and warmth.
Simple to wear and in no way restrictive.

A small step up from joggers and a hoody.

Burgundy Jumper Dress and Vinyl Leggings | Fake Fabulous

How difficult is it to make an outfit from comfortable clothes?
Not very!

Putting pieces together that vaguely resemble a decent outfit is how I get dressed every day.

It's very rare that I will put my body under pressure or pain for the sake of an outfit.

Occasionally, I'll suffer an uncomfortable shoe (like these horrors!) but that's about as far as it goes.

Sometimes an outfit is as simple as leggings and a jumper but it's still an OUTFIT.
Hanging on to outfit status by a thread, granted, but still suitable for public display.

The thing is, with modern fabrics, shapes and sizes there is no reason why anyone needs to sacrifice comfort for style.
So that age-old excuse is null and void.
Even the laziest of lazybones can pop a dress over their head or pull on jeans (even jeggings) and a jumper.
It's as easy as pie.

I say Pjs in public needs to STOP but what do you think? 

Burgundy Jumper Dress and Vinyl Leggings | Fake Fabulous

It's not been a great few days for me so I'm sharing a winter outfit from last week when I was Mrs Smuggy McSmug at my avoidance of all things sniffly and snotty.
As the people around me dropped like flies I was thinking...

"My immune sytem must be in fantastic shape!"
"Get stuffed Viruses!"

I imagined my super-hero cells fighting off the baddies like mini Captain Americas.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Reality hit... and HARD.

Burgundy Jumper Dress and Vinyl Leggings | Fake Fabulous

This outfit was easy to wear (of course) and SO warm (again... of course!) with loads of layers... thermals, multiple socks, cosy leggings.

It did take a minute or two to assemble the layers underneath but once they were on I was ready for the day!

{Oh, how I miss that "Ready for the day" feeling! Maybe next week?}

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on PJs in public.
Does it happen where you live?
What about other sloppy dressing habits, like baggy grey joggers?

Please leave me a comment or drop me a DM on instagram @Fake Fabulous.
Feel free to agree, disagree or simply share your story with me.
I love hearing from you!


DRESS/JUMPER: Asos... half price now!
LEGGINGS: Leg Avenue... similar
BOOTS: Clarks & Christopher Raeburn... old but I like these too.
BAG: A gift... similar.

GET THE LOOK




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig