For the imperfect Fashion lover.

After-Work Cold Weather Party Outfit. Leopard and Sparkles!

Lurex jumper, red leopard skirt and metallic boots | Fake Fabulous

There are probably plenty of social events in your diary this month but sometimes it can be hard to figure out what to wear.

Often, a classic party dress is too impractical for the occasion.
Depending on the venue, bare legs, toes,  decolletage and arms might result in loss of limb due to frostbite!

Lurex jumper, red leopard skirt and metallic boots | Fake Fabulous

Some places are simply too chilly to comfortably flash the flesh.

I can't stand being cold, and would never bare all if I thought there was a chance of feeling the chill.

This is where a sparkly knit comes into its own.

I'm not talking about Christmas jumpers here (Find out why I'm not a fan)

Read more...
I'm talking about some good old-fashioned lurex thread!

Lurex jumper, red leopard skirt and metallic boots | Fake Fabulous

This jumper is perfect for those not-so-warm celebrations because you can hide a few cosy thermal layers underneath... which I did!

I've worn it loads of times, with various different bottoms, but today I'm styling it with a swooshy skirt for a feminine feel.

I love this skirt, it's a decent weight and fits well (although it's HUGE, I had to get a UK6 and I'm normally a UK10 so be aware of that if you like the look of it).
I also love the swoosh... BUT, it has a white underside to the fabric which ruins it slightly for me.
The white seems to make it feel unnecessarily cheap looking.
Why not use a red or black base?

{Luckily it only flashes when you swoosh about like a goof... see below!}

Lurex jumper, red leopard skirt and metallic boots | Fake Fabulous

Simple opaque tights and some metallic boots finished this outfit off with ease.

It's a comfortable and, most importantly, warm outfit that is easy to throw on.
Perfect for a casual get together.

What would you wear to a casual (and chilly) Christmas event?
I'd love to hear about your go-to items and cold weather cheats!

Lurex jumper, red leopard skirt and metallic boots | Fake Fabulous

SKIRT: F&F at Tesco
JUMPER: Old, a gift from the lovely Ann @krembdelakremb
BOOTS: c/o Lotus
TIGHTS: Gerbe
BAG: Vintage
PIN: old
LIPSTICK: Lisa Eldridge...I'm in love!

Other RED LEOPARD LOVELINESS you might like...


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig