For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to wear a Tea Blouse, over 40.

Topshop Tea Blouse and Orson jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Tea blouses are so pretty aren't they?

With a nod to the 1940's, and the 1990's!
That feminine and flirty vibe.

Adorable on girls in their teens (and twenties) but frumpy and dumpy on anyone over 35, right?
Tea blouses are probably a trend for the young, impossible to style without looking like an old maid?

Erm?
Don't be daft!


Topshop Tea Blouse and Orson jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Tea blouses (much like any other item of clothing) can be worn by anyone who likes the look of them, regardless of age.

As long as they fit well then why not?

BUT...hang on a minute!
How on earth can we style them over 40?

Young women wear them with denim (cutoffs or mom jeans) and mini skirts, don't they?

What can the rest of us do?

Well, I'd style a tea blouse much like I style most other things... with whatever took my fancy!

My Step-daughter (who is 25) wears hers with wrap-over midi skirts or Mom jeans.

Wrap over midi's... yes ladies!
Remember them from the 80's and 90's?
They're back.

Topshop Tea Blouse and Orson jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing my tea blouse with some tapered rigid jeans... that are Mom-ish in style.
Very 80's too!
I think they look great with my blouse and I certainly don't feel like a frump.

This pretty little blouse was a bit of a steal!
I found it in my local charity shop... on the "No one wants us, boo hoo!" £1 rail.
Labelled a size 6 but definitely a 10!
A fail for the poor size 6 person who bought it then felt swamped.
A big one-pound-Win for me!

I love the pretty pattern and the super soft fabric.
It shows more 'chest' than I'd like, but having a smaller bust stops it feeling too va-va-voom.
If you're bustier then go for it too!
Tea blouses can certainly amp up the curves.

Topshop Tea Blouse and Orson jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Staying away from necklaces is the key to keeping the look modern.
Get those statement earrings out and keep the rest of your accessories simple.

I've paired my 'Jeans and a Tea Blouse' outfit with a pair of traditional clog-style sandals and colourful toes.
Job done!

BLOUSE: charity shopped for a pound (oh yes!) Topshop... this one is pretty.
JEANS: Orson @Topshop
SANDALS: Clarks (outlet, for a lot less!)... these are lovely!
EARRINGS: H&M (Old)... these are fabulous!

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig