For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Denim Days | Being Girly Comfy & Casual, Over 40!

Denim jacket, ticking stripe full skirt and silver accessories | Fake Fabulous

Can you really get away with being girly over 40?
Is girliness after 'a certain age' simply sad?
Desperate?
Pathetic?
Slightly nauseating?

Well... I certainly don't think so!

(No surprise there.)

Unless your idea of looking girly is dressing like a school girl, a Disney princess or a Barbie doll then why not?

Come to think of it, if you want to dress up as Barbie, then go for that too!

{Cosplay can be LOADS of fun, but that's a post for another day... Halloween party (costume) ideas maybe?}

Anyway, I digress...

Girliness is not just for the (young) girls.
Us older girls can dabble too!

Denim jacket, ticking stripe full skirt and silver accessories | Fake Fabulous

For me, there is nothing quite as girly as a 'sticky-out' skirt.
Especially if it has some structure to it and a nice rustle to the fabric!

This skirt has that just-stiff-enough structure and complete crinkle appeal.
It rustles as I move and poufs up when I sit down.
How much fun is that?!

Denim jacket, ticking stripe full skirt and silver accessories | Fake Fabulous

It is lacking in one thing though... Pockets.
This skirt would have been perfect if it had just had a couple of nice deep pockets!

Anyone else with me on the pocket front?

The skirt felt SO feminine and girly to me that I had to stop things there.
The skirt was all the girl I needed to be today!

I'm not really a very girly girl at heart.
I LOVE the look but uber-feminine styles are best suited to other people.
However, that doesn't stop me dabbling with the dark side from time to time!

{I'll be wearing tulle before I know it.}

So in order to make this skirt feel 100% me, I kept the rest of the outfit quite simple... and almost androgynous.

Denim jacket, ticking stripe full skirt and silver accessories | Fake Fabulous

A fine knitted jumper in a neutral grey... which goes with everything.
A denim jacket... which goes with everything too.
{I challenge you to find something a denim jacket doesn't look good with 😜.}
Simple flat silver sandals... ditto on the going with everything front.
{I almost wore my white trainers, which also go with everything!}

A pink leather satchel and some silver hoops finished things off nicely.

Flat silver sandals with a covered toe | Fake Fabulous

Girly-enough.
Casual-enough.
And oh so Easy!

More girly skirts you might like...




JACKET: Boden (very old)... this one is nice, but nearly sold out!
SKIRT: Zara (charity shopped)... try this.
JUMPER: Also Zara (on its last legs!)... this one is chic (I need to replace mine)
BAG: Cambridge satchel company
SHOES: American Apparel (old)... these are fab! These are nice... and much cheaper.

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig