For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Barbican Space Inspired Spring Outfit | Grey & Blue

Blue Top & Grey Culottes | Tatty Devine Barbican Space Necklace | Fake Fabulous

I don't know about you, but there is something I find myself doing a lot recently...

Building an entire outfit around a single item that has caught my eye.
Sometimes the inspiring items are not even fashion related...

  • Images in magazines, and life.
  • Interiors.
  • Colours in nature.
  • Even architecture!

Inspiration can come in so many forms, can't it?
Keeping an open mind is always a good idea.

Quite often a pair of shoes will turn my head and get my creative juices flowing.
Call me shallow if you like but I love shoes and often work from the bottom of an outfit up.
But, today a funky necklace is my source of inspiration.

Blue Top & Grey Culottes | Tatty Devine Barbican Space Necklace | Fake Fabulous

This necklace popped up in the sale a few weeks ago and I snapped it up!

I've had my beady eye on it for a while but, as a seasoned deal-finder, it was more expensive than I wanted.
I suspected it could make its way into the sale... luckily it did.
(Phew!)

I bided my time and voila!

Unfortunately, this necklace is now sold out, but you can see similar space-inspired pieces HERE.

{BTW... I'm not sponsored or affiliated with the brand that makes this necklace. I just love Tatty Devine's designs and have done for years.}

Blue Top & Grey Culottes | Tatty Devine Barbican Space Necklace | Fake Fabulous

With my space inspired necklace, I wanted to keep things light and spring-like but with that spaced-out futuristic feel.
What better colours than grey and blue?
Just industrial enough.

Super-soft textures were what I needed and these cashmere culottes (plus a silk top) fitted the bill.

Simple chunky sandals finished things off nicely!

Such an easy look to pull together.
Comfortable and easy-going but I still feel 'dressed' and ready for anything.

Chunky Vagabond Sandals | Fake Fabulous

Do you ever build an entire outfit around an accessory such as a necklace, scarf or bag?

What about inspiration from other sources?
I'd love to hear what's been turning your head this week!

Blue Top & Grey Culottes | Tatty Devine Barbican Space Necklace | Fake Fabulous

SPACE NECKLACE: Tatty Devine (sold out)... I found it HERE too!! Alternatively, try this one.... or this one!
CASHMERE CULOTTES: c/o JD Williams
LEATHER SANDALS: Vagabond
SILK TOP: Old... similar
PU BAG: French Connection... this one is cool(er) and on sale!

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig