For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Sheepskin and an Irish Aran Knit | Vintage Winter Style

Grey Vintage Sheepskin Coat & an Aran Wool Jumper | Fake Fabulous

Nothing keeps you quite as warm as a sheepskin coat.
Even the latest high-tech fabric (or the fluffiest of down) can't cut it, compared to a real shearling fleece.

However, even though I'm not a vegetarian I still feel a twinge of guilt wearing the skin of an animal.
Which is simply ridiculous when you consider I use leather handbags, not to mention all of my leather shoes and boots!

I feel like such a hypocrite.


Grey Vintage Sheepskin Coat & an Aran Wool Jumper | Fake Fabulous

A friend of mine is a real vegetarian.
{Not one of those people who doesn't eat X, but will happily tuck into Y when it suits.}
She doesn't eat anything with a face (her words), including bi-products like gelatin, or wear animal-derived products like leather.

Despite the depressing reality of plastic shoes and bags, her principles are strong.
She makes many compromises when it comes to food, and even more when it comes to fashion!
I admire but don't envy her.

I, on the other hand, eat meat.
I wear leather.
So why do I feel guilty about this coat?
What's the big deal about a shearling jacket when I'd happily eat a lamb chop?

There is a part of me that squirms a little.
I've no idea why.

What are your thoughts on wearing leather or sheepskin?
What about Fur?!
Is there a line you won't cross?

Please share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
{Drop me an email, if you'd rather not comment here}

Grey Vintage Sheepskin Coat & an Aran Wool Jumper | Fake Fabulous

This particular sheepskin coat is a vintage piece and the quality is outstanding.

It is so beautifully made and has a great history.
It belongs/belonged to my mother in law and I laugh every time I think about her wearing it.
She is no taller than 4'10", and must be a size UK 6 (if she's lucky).
The thought of her getting lost in this oversized coat always makes me chuckle.

She currently lives in a nursing home suffering from Dementia... but I know that if she were her old self, she would love the fact I was wearing her coat and enjoying its cosiness on these coldest of days!

This coat is SO warm...
I was as snug as a bug in a rug, despite the biting winds and having relatively few layers underneath.

I styled the coat simply with flared jeans and a cosy Aran knit.
Tapping into my Irish ancestry.
My grandpa would have approved... I'm sure he's watching over me reminding me to put on a vest!

Obviously, I have my usual thermal base layers underneath, just fewer than normal.
That's the beauty of natural fibres.
They know how to do the job with the least amount of fuss.

Leopard platform Boots, Cashmere Socks | Winter Style | Fake Fabulous

SHEEPSKIN COAT: Vintage.. try this one.
FLARED JEANS: River Island
WOOL JUMPER: Charity shopped.. this one is chic!
LEOPARD BOOTS: Miss KG... similar, or try these.
CASHMERE SOCKS: c/o WoolOvers

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig