For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Shake it Up and Try Something Different! #fakeituntilyoumakeit LINK UP


How many of us are guilty of sicking to the same-old, same-old?
Whether it's the shops we go to, or the type of books we read.
We are creatures of habit.

The problem with habit is that we can become stuck in a rut.
And the problem with being in a rut is that we can become stale, boring and eventually out of touch.

Being out of touch = Being OLD


{See THIS POST about the importance of staying young... it might surprise you!}

This week we have been snowed in my house and I've had time to think about what I could do with shaking up in my life.

1. Fitness

I need to take my fitness to the next level in order to do all I can to ward off any ailments as I get older.
There is a history of various nasty cancers in my family, so I am trying to do my bit to help myself.
I know that something has to kill us, but I'd rather my children were grown-up and I maybe even had a chance to enjoy a grandbaby (or two) before I pop my clogs!

2. Read More

I need to read a more varied range of books and articles.
I'm guilty of reading the same papers and magazines.
I actively avoid certain genres of book.
This needs to change.

If you have any great book recommendations please let me know!

3. Time for Friends

I need to make more time for my friends.
Female relationships are VITAL... my goodness, who else can you really talk to?
When I say talk I mean the nitty gritty stuff only us girls understand.
I see my friends as often as I can but I need to make more time for more FUN together.

What 3 'Shake-Ups' could you do with?


Last Week Ada at Elegance and Mommyhood caught my eye with her poetry.
I honestly never thought I'd ever say that!

Poetry can leave me cold, especially if it's soppy, contrived or trying to be 'clever'.
Yawn.

Ada's honesty and passion really shone through and I loved reading her words.
See her full post HERE... even if poetry is not really your thing.

BTW...Thank you if you entered my dress giveaway last week.
I appreciate all of your emails.

My daughter is picking the name out of the hat tonight (when I say hat, I mean vase!) and I will email you if you are the winner.
Good luck!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig