For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing Yellow & Bold Florals | Unexpected Bargains.

Yellow off-the-shoulder top & Bold Floral Maxi skirt | Fake Fabulous

This is a bright and cheerful outfit isn't it?
Yellow is a smile-making colour, and the bold patterned skirt is certainly not blending into the background.
An outfit as bright and bold (in colour) as this one always gives me a spring in my step!

However, this outfit is NOT what I am actually wearing while I write this post.
It's far too cold and wet for that!

Yellow off-the-shoulder top & Bold Floral Maxi skirt | Fake Fabulous

{I'm wearing the yellow trousers in this post and the jumper from this post... plus a thermal layer or two!}

I wore this colourful look last week as we were enjoying lovely temperatures and plenty of sunshine. It seems like a distant memory at the moment.

You'll never guess where I got this skirt...

I picked this skirt up in Lidl!
Yes, the bargain supermarket.
While we were in getting our usual provisions I spotted this flowery maxi in the bargain bucket for an cheap-as-chips £3.50.
I have been looking for a bold maxi skirt so I considered it fate (that's my story and I'm sticking to it 😇).

The skirt is just as good quality as the striped one I have from a big high street shop... and that was a lot more than £3.50.

I am always on the look out for bargains, and finding unusual pieces from unusual places is a great buzz.
Keeping an open mind when shopping is always a good idea.

Yellow off-the-shoulder top & Bold Floral Maxi skirt | Fake Fabulous

The bold pattern on this skirt was just what I was looking for, and it goes perfectly with this bright yellow bardot top.
I've got such a 'thing' for yellow at the moment, it's a cheerful colour, and perfect for both dreary and sunny days.

Yellow off-the-shoulder top & Bold Floral Maxi skirt | Fake Fabulous

A jersey maxi skirt, like this one, is just like wearing a pair of joggy bottoms... with only one leg.
So easy and so comfortable.
It's like cheating getting dressed!

This bright yellow off the shoulder top is comfortable and easy-going too.
BUT...
The off the shoulder style does have a tendency to 'pop off' the shoulders.
The instagramers make it look so chic and easy!

I must admit to giving up on pulling it back into position, and taking my arms out, wearing it as a tube top for most of the day.
It worked really well as the elastic band was tight enough.

A bold duo like this is easy to accessorise with neutral sandals and a mini bag.

{My brooch was a last minute addition because it makes me smile, but the outfit really doesn't need any additional colour does it?}

Do you have an off the shoulder top that keeps pops out of position?
What do you do to stop it, or fix it?
Please let me know in the comments, I would love to hear your tips and tricks.

SKIRT: Lidl...similar.
TOP: Primark... similar.
SANDALS: Clarks...similar.
BAG: Savoy.... this one is nice.... this vintage one is a beauty.
EARRINGS: A gift...see them styled HERE.
BROOCH: Charity shop.

GET THE LOOK





Yellow off-the-shoulder top & Bold Floral Maxi skirt | Fake Fabulous

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig