For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Denim for Work | Tweed Dress and Gold tights!

Denim Shirt, Tweed Shift Dress, Gold wool Tights & Brogues | Fake Fabulous

Is it okay to wear denim for work?
In 2017... why not?!

Unless you work in a corporate environment (where boardroom "formal" dress is expected) denim can certainly be moulded to fit the modern workplace.

3 Simple ways to wear Denim for Work.

1. Keep it dark.

Choose dark washes.
Avoid ripped and distressed finishes.

  • Dark indigo straight cut jeans + White shirt + Quality belt + Classic courts.
  • Fitted denim shirt  + Wool pencil skirt + Booties.
  • Dark denim shift dress + Silk blouse + Loafers, Brogues or Double monks.

All great looks!

2. Make sure it fits.

Keep the fit neat (but not tight) and the cut classic.
Save baggy jeans, skinnies, cropped denim jackets and dungaree dresses for the weekend.... unless you work somewhere that anything goes (lucky you if you do).

3. Keep it Classy.

If your accessories are quality, and the rest of your outfit more formal, denim is instantly transformed into a class act!
Blazers, pencil skirts, tweed, classic shirts, cashmere jumpers and silk blouses all work really well to smarten up a denim look.

{I was so cold in these photos (don't let the sun fool you) and, despite my thermals, you can see the goose pimples on my face and neck in the shot below!! Brrrr}

Denim Shirt, Tweed Shift Dress, Gold wool Tights & Brogues | Fake Fabulous

I am very lucky to work somewhere when anything (reasonable) goes.
As long as my toes are covered, I can pretty much wear whatever I like.

Today I wanted to wear this necklace that my husband bought me as part of my Christmas.

{He is a great present buyer and I am taking ALL of the credit for that! 
Good training :oP}

I decided to wear this (very) old tweed dress with a denim shirt underneath to show off the necklace.
The shirt needs to be firmly tucked in to something, luckily these tights are a great fit and have a deep waistband... not very glamorous, I know, but it works.
I love the colour of these tights!

{My friend bought me these tights for Christmas, she is a clever cookie!}

Denim Shirt, Tweed Shift Dress, Gold wool Tights & Brogues | Fake Fabulous

The gold tones in the tights were the perfect companion for my burgundy brogues, with their tartan detail.
It felt like they were meant to be together.
My trusty leopard beret, and little grab bag, finished things off nicely.

Denim Shirt, Tweed Shift Dress, Gold wool Tights & Brogues | Fake Fabulous

Do you have a dress code, or uniform?
Do you make your own daily "uniform"?

Please let me know in the comments.
I love to hear from you!

DRESS: Tkmax (this is nice)
SHIRT: Boden
TIGHTS: A Gift from a friend, by Falke
BAG: Hidesign... similar
BERET: Topshop... this one is fab!
NECKLACE: Oliver Bonas
SHOES: Clarks...this are fab!!!



GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig