For the imperfect Fashion lover.

One Breton Jumper, 3 Ways | PPP 7

Fake Fabulous | Breton jumper, red midi skirt, chunky patent boots and belt | PPP 7

I can hardly believe that this is the seventh Ping Pong Post.
How time flies when you are having fun!


This time Anna, Ann and I are styling a striped Breton-style boxy top.
A real classic.

I was worried that this Breton top was going to result in three very "samey" looks.

Breton + Jeans (blue, black or white)?
Breton + Cut-offs?
Breton + Capri trousers and ballet shoes?

Hmmmm.

Lets find out what happened....

Fake Fabulous | Breton jumper, red midi skirt, chunky patent boots and belt | PPP 7

I was initially stumped by this jumper as it is a little too roomy around the bust (for me) and felt wrong on my body.
The boxy shape is right up my street but, I could not get it to sit right with the red dress I wanted to wear.
No amount of 'slouching' was cutting it!

So, I cheated a little...


There is always going to be a 'fit challenge' with these PPP posts.
Simply because all three of us are different.
We are not the same shape, or size.
We live in different worlds, and have different lives.
That is what makes it fun!

Sometimes a little invention is required.
A tiny tweak here and there.


Black and white stripes always look great with a bold colour.
Red is one of my favourites.

This (tweaked) Breton was perfect over a red dress, giving the illusion of a skirt and top.

Adding a wide patent leather belt, opaque tights and chunky boots kept it modern and fresh.

{Wide belts and chunky boots are 'big news' this AW16/17}

Fake Fabulous | Vagabond Chunky patent boots.

A bold clutch, cheeky cat necklace, and red lips, finished my look off nicely!

Fake Fabulous | Breton jumper and Cat necklace | PPP 7


SHOP the LOOK






Over to...

Anna from Anna's Island Style

Anna has turned this top on it's head.
She has created something that works for her frame... a cute mini skirt.
{Oh, and it just so happens to be pretty sexy too!!}
The colour palette is pared back.
Black, white and tan.
And, her (uncharacteristically) simple accessorising works a treat.




Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

Ann had taken the simple colour palette, and made it even softer.
Muted and tonal.
{Which is strange because I expected more black and maybe a pop of red, from Ann.}

She has given the top a soft and relaxed feel... with a hint of cheeky pirate tongue-in-chic!





We never discuss what we are going to do with the items we send each other, so each month is as much of a surprise for us as it is you!

I love the fact that this month I was convinced we were all going to be SO similar, but all three of us have ended up doing something very different.

The total opposite of last month!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next time...on the 20th of October
(Even I don't know what's coming!)

How would you have styled this Breton top?
Please let me know in the comments.
I love hearing your thoughts and opinions!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig