For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Navy Ballerina-length Dress and Chunky Sandals.

Fake Fabulous | Navy Finery Midi-dress, grey and taupe accessories & Chunky Vagabond sandals.

I've had this navy long-length dress in my wardrobe for a few months now.
I bought it as soon as it came in stock (as it looked so cool on the model) but it has hung in my wardrobe, unworn, since it arrived.

The long ballerina-length hemline (that looked so great on the model) has thrown me slightly in real life.

{See me trying midi-lengths, here and here}

Fake Fabulous | Navy Finery Midi-dress, grey and taupe accessories & Chunky Vagabond sandals.

So, today I wanted to stop avoiding this dress, and get it worn!

I decided to style it simply, with grey (and taupe) accessories.
The draped front of this dress is a feature in itself, so long earrings, and a resin buckle belt, were all of the embellishment it needed.

Fake Fabulous | Navy Finery Midi-dress, grey and taupe accessories & Chunky Vagabond sandals.

The dress is so comfortable that I wondered why I had not been wearing it sooner!
However, the wool content of the fabric makes it more suitable for a more autumnal day.
{I think I will use that as my excuse for it being neglected for so long.}

The weather today was still warm enough for me to wear my chunky sandals.
I love a chunky shoe!

The sandals also give a little more height to the exposed part of my leg, as well as some toughness.
Red nails finished my look off nicely.

DRESS: Finery
SHOES: Vagabond (on sale now)
NAILS: Ciate
BELT: Old (this one is nice)
BAG: Dune (this one is fab!)
EARRINGS: Very, very old! ...these are lovely.

Do you ever buy an item early, only leave it hanging in your wardrobe for ages?
How would you style this awkward length?

Please share your thoughts, in the comments.
Or, contact me.
I love to hear from you!


SHOP the LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig