For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing a Gents Shirt | Pantone Colours of the Year.

Trying the Pantone colours of the year....Serenity and Rose Quartz.

Wearing a gents shirt without looking like a boy.
I have to admit that I had never heard of the 'Pantone colour of the year' until a few days ago.

I know many people will be wondering if I have been under a rock or something, but I had honestly never come across it.

Apparently, the colour that will represent 2016, is a mixture of Serenity (blue) and Rose Quartz (pink).

These colours are very pretty and supposed to be calming too.
Worth a go?

Fake Fabulous  | Pantone colours and a gents shirt.

I decided to wear this gents shirt....mostly because it is the only pale blue thing I own (I did go online and quickly remedied that!).

The shirt is made of a beautiful quality fabric and is a pleasing oversized shape.

Pale grey skinny jeans compensated for the bagginess of the shirt, making it feel more feminine.
Peep toed booties (matching my hair) lessened the masculine blow, even further.

7 ways to Feminise a Masculine item:

  1. Keep the rest of your outfit form-fitting. A loose shirt with tight leather trousers, for example.
  2. Roll up your cuffs. Wrists are very feminine and sexy (you can un-button the shirt as low as you dare BUT you can also have it buttoned up to the neck if you prefer...you don't need cleavage to look like a woman!)
  3. Heels. Obviously.
  4. Feminine colours.
  5. Makeup. Luscious lips or a smokey eye can work wonders.
  6. Attitude. Strut your stuff and you will look great.

I wanted to wear my leather jacket as it was quite a mild day and we had a break from the incessant rain.
I have become so sick and tired of needing my raincoat over (what feels like) every outfit.

As someone who gets bored easily, I was desperate to get into something more Spring-like.
The bulbs are coming up after all!

{Speaking of Spring...my hair has suddenly "sprung" out of my head, resembling Lego hair...Time for action!}

Fake Fabulous  | Pantone colours and a gents shirt.

Shhhh, don't tell....but, I was secretly layered up under this outfit.

Footless tights, under my jeans.
A thermal vest and a pink long sleeved top, under the shirt.
I also needed my hat, faux fur scarf and gloves.
It may be mild, but it is only 10 degrees Celsius, hardly balmy!

Faux fur is set to hang around well into the Spring.
Great news for any faux fur lovers.

A couple of whimsical necklaces, and some lace socks, finished things off nicely.

Fake Fabulous  | Peep toes and socks.

Do you ever wear gents clothes?
How do you style them?

Please share in the comments....or tweet me @samantha4blair.

Jacket: Superdry...this one is stunning!
Shirt: Claudio Lugli...similar.
Shoes: c/o JD Williams (similar)
Socks: UK tights (similar)
Jeans: Forever 21
Necklaces: Unknown (old)...this one is pretty.
Scarf: Zepla. This is so pretty!
Bag: Cambridge Satchel Company (old) this one is similar.

Shop my look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig