For the imperfect Fashion lover.

New Year Style Resolutions | A few of my favourite things.

Style Resolutions for 2016.

I have to be honest here...
I am not a fan of New Year Resolutions.
I am quite cynical about them.

How many fitness regimes are started in January, only for the trainers to be gathering dust by March?
How many diets end up in disappointment?
How many courses and classes are unfinished and neglected?
These failures only serve to make us feel worse about ourselves.
Fashion resolutions, however, are very easy to keep.

My 3 New Year Fashion Resolutions (that I think every woman should keep) are:

  1. To NEVER worry about what anyone else might be thinking....Confidence is the best accessory and nobody can tell if you are faking it.  Ditching the worry about gaining approval from others is liberating, and dressing starts to be fun (which is the whole point after all!)
  2. To keep an open mind about new shapes, colours and trends. Keep trying new things and pushing back the edges of your comfort zone.
  3. To never keep anything for "Best". Live and dress for today, you never know what is round the corner in life.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

As I was looking though the photographs of this outfit, I realised that (without actually trying) it contains most of the elements that I love about having fun with fashion.

  • Mixing Patterns
  • Mixing Colours
  • Coloured hosiery
  • Interesting shoes
  • Vintage clothes
  • Chunky jewellery and fun accessories
  • Layers

I was so happy that I had began the year in such a positive way.
Starting as I mean to go on!

This outfit is the kind of look that I love.
Comfortable and warm but still interesting, with plenty of colour, texture and fun.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

I decided to wear this vintage wool coat again as it has such an unusual shape and fabrication, not to mention the best (enormous) pockets ever!
See how I styled this 1950's coat (very simply) here.
Because of the 3/4 sleeves I wore wrist warmers, made from the sleeves of a jumper I had shrunk in the wash.
Gloves and a hat were a must today, it has finally started to feel frosty, and I customised a boring black beanie by adding a furry burgundy pompom.
My green tote was perfect for the daily lug of 'stuff', also adding another colour into the mix.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

I wanted to wear this colourful patterned dress with a silk-chiffon blouse underneath.
Layering is a great way to get more mileage from your clothes.
See this dress worn here....when I tried (and failed) to take my own blog photos.
Petrol blue tights and these fab new shoes were the perfect match.  For me anyway!
A good friend bought these shoes for me.
Isn't it great when someone really 'gets you' and can buy the most wonderful surprises?
I always look forward to opening her Christmas presents.
She is not into fashion (or blogging) but she knows I am, and that makes her gifts the most thoughtful.
I squealed in delight when I unwrapped this parcel.
Right up my style-street!

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

My geometric necklace was the perfect finishing touch.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

Look at my new shoes.
Navy patent leather with a cobalt trim.
I love them!!

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

New Year Style Resolutions | Fake Fabulous.

Are you making any Resolutions this year?
Please let me know in the comments or tweet me @samantha4blair



Shoes: Marc Jacobs (a gift)...these are similar.
Gloves: Dents (these are nice)
Hat: Asda (old) customised with a...pom pom!
PomPom: Newlook
Arm warmers: Homemade...from the sleeves of a shrunken jumper.
Bag: Osprey (similar)
Necklace: H&M
Blouse: French Connection (similar)
Dress: Closet (this one is nice)
Tights: Gipsy 100 (similar)
Coat: Vintage (similar...well, not really..but still nice)

Shop my look...mostly reduced too!!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig