For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing a Bright Orange Jumpsuit, over 40 | So wrong, it's right!

In a surge of crazy sale shopping I found myself hitting the "buy" button for this jumpsuit.
Not only another jumpsuit, but an unstructured and untailored one at that!

A baggy, bright orange jumpsuit... over 40!
Have I lost my mind?


I have to admit that the main thing attracting me to this jumpsuit was the fact that it resembles a boiler suit (or a prison uniform).
This is probably the main issue that would put most people off.
Weird, right?
Some style choices can't be explained rationally.
Some items are so "Wrong" that they become "Right".

I know that I should hate everything about this jumpsuit but, I just can't help myself...
I love it!
When I slip it on, I really can't stop smiling.
It is bright, cheerful, comfortable and a fantastic conversation starter.

Almost everyone has an opinion on this jumpsuit.
Comments range from:
"Wow! That's bright Sam" 
to
"Oh...I didn't realise it was fancy dress today"
I always take comments as a compliment...regardless of how they were intended.
Most of the time, I just laugh!

Fake Fabulous | Orange jumpsuit...so wrong it's right!

As for styling this jumpsuit...

I could have easily contrasted the orange with a rich blue (or teal) making it less boiler-suit chic and more classy, but I could not resist adding more orangey tones.

Orange with tan and red, clashing with my red hair.
I could not help myself.
I was wearing my own sunshine today, and I liked it.

Fake Fabulous | Orange jumpsuit...so wrong it's right!

The jumpsuit is unlined and every lump, bump and seam is on display. So, I popped a pair of orange tights underneath and a breton long sleeved top (carefully tucked in to the tights) to minimise any extra bumfles..(a good Scottish word).

It may be cheap and cheerful, untailored, unlined, not cut beautifully BUT it is so very comfortable.

I was warm and comfy all day.
Even in the evening, I did not need to change into any lounge wear...this was the perfect lounging item.

I really wanted to wear it with converse-style gutties today but it was bitter cold (and damp) so these chunky brogues were a good option.
cream cardigan (draped over my shoulders) kept me cosy.

Fake Fabulous | Orange jumpsuit...so wrong it's right!

Have you got any "So wrong, it's right" items that you love to wear?

Please let me know that I am not alone by leaving a comment....or tweet me @samantha4blair



Jumpsuit: WalG at Topshop, this one is nice and has sleeves. This one is stunning!
Top: Marks and Spencers (similar)
Shoes: Clarks (similar)
Cardigan: Boden (very old) This is their current version.
Bag: Bogner (this one is nice)

Get the look...if you dare!



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig