For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn! | 7 favourite Summer looks.

My 7 favourite outfits of the summer.

As autumn takes a firm hold and October begins, I was inspired to pick some of my favourite outfits from Summer 2015....My first (and very enjoyable) summer of blogging.

Scotland rarely obeys any rules when it comes to weather.
Today (for example) it was actually warm, so many of these looks seem appropriate for a good day in autumn too!

What do you think of my choices?


1. Loose layers: 

Cleverly used to hide a little bit (read: a lot) of a tummy bloat.
This was such a comfortable outfit, although my expression in this shot explains it all...my tummy was so puffy and sore. 
Summer is not glamorous and sexy all of the time!

Summer layers | Fake Fabulous


2. Garden party: 

This was a bright and cheerful look.
Casual, yet smart....colourful and comfortable.
I styled this dress again, recently, with bright blue tights!

Garden Party | Fake Fabulous

3. Chambray Playsuit : 

This was fun to wear and it was a really warm day, which I remember fondly.
This lovely merino cardigan (with a silk chiffon trim) sadly disintegrated, recently, after many years of service. I had repaired it numerous times but it took it's last gasp, so sad to see it go :o(.

Playsuit | Fake Fabulous

4. Date night: 

A rare night out with hubby had me reaching for (and wiggling about in) this fun dress and my much loved kimono (almost worn for a wedding HERE).

Graphic Dress and a Kimono | Fake Fabulous

5. Camouflage clashing

I love this hotch potch of patterns, colours and textures.
I was super-comfortable wearing these two previously unwearable items together.
And, a great clash always puts a smile on my face!

Mixing Colours and patterns | Fake Fabulous

 6. De-frumping a Mumsy item:

This jacket was an expensive mistake, and hung {very sadly} in my wardrobe for ages. 
I am glad I gave it a dust down and another chance.
I really need to try to wear it again this Autumn/Winter as the whole Tweed/Heritage look is back in.

I found this silly shot of me guffawing (not very chic or ladylike) after my hubby was VERY cheeky...I won't repeat what he said but he made my mascara run!

Having fun with colour | Fake Fabulous

7. Vinyl at a wedding: 

I wore this dress-over-trousers (DOT) look to a wedding evening reception, and had loads of fun on the dance floor!
Such a comfortable outfit, I felt great.
I'm trying to look chic here whilst being photobombed by a wee rascal who wanted to play ball... not in these heels!

Photobombed by your dog | Fake fabulous

A little extra:

These beautiful Vintage shoes that didn't make the outfit that day (see it here).
I changed into my sandals because I would have been crippled in these patent lovelies...sigh...they are pretty though, aren't they?

Vintage shoes | Fake Fabulous

Vintage shoes and skinny jeans | Fake Fabulous


Do you have a favourite summer look?
Do you have any vintage gems in your collections?

Please let me know in the comments.
I love to hear your thoughts!




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig