For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Why is My Personal Style Changing?

My persoanl style is changing! Fake Fabulous

I've been suffering from a mental blogging block recently.
Not because I don't have anything to talk about (far from it) BUT because I'm not sure if you want to hear it!

The main reason for my blog-drought is that I've noticed my style is changing, quite significantly, and I'm not sure if it's blog worthy anymore.

Let me try and explain myself...
Back in the beginning of my blog I was all about the colour.

The BOLDER the better.
Bright bright BRIGHT!!.
Clashing patterns and creating colour-havoc!

I loved wearing colour.
Colours also photograph beautifully (much easier than black and white) and are bold and vibrant on the pages of a blog.
PLUS, they're also wonderful for brightening up your real every day life too!

Colour packs a delightful punch.

A typically "me" look...

My persoanl style is changing! Fake Fabulous


You can check out some of my most colourful looks from the archives and get a laugh.

{On the right hand side when you use a desktop or laptop}

Some outfits include questionable combinations, it's true, but I still stand by them!
Even my hair was bolder and brighter.

Style is constantly evolving and as we grow so does our taste in fashion.

As I move further into my 40s... and towards my 50s... I'm finding that I'm drawn to a completely different style aesthetic.

I've gone from this....

My persoanl style is changing! Fake Fabulous

To aspiring to look like this....

My persoanl style is changing! Fake Fabulous


I want that effortless, almost masculine look.
I want to be elegant and edgy.
I yearn for simplicity.

I am being drawn to neutral tones (horror!) AND even a minimal look.

{I know....Im more shocked than anyone!}

I'm not sure what's happening to me but I'm powerless to fight it.

So, from now on my looks might only involve ONE bold piece, ONE bright and bold colour... or even show options for wearing... Wait for it....

BASICS!?

{I can hardly believe my fingers typed that last word.}

I've been selling some of my bolder pieces.
I've been searching for some "Good quality classics"... blimey, who's have thought it?!

Maybe it's my age?
Maybe the time we live in?
Maybe lockdown?

Who knows the reason.
All I know is that I'm changing and there is no point in arguing... I'm always right after all (ask my husband 😝)

Let me know your thoughts.
Are you interested in a more "wearable" style of blog post?
Or do you crave the colour clashes?
Type BASICS or COLOURS in the comments.
(Or drop me an email samantha44blair.com(at)gmail.com)
I'd love to hear your opinion!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig