For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What I Wore This Week | OOTD Diary

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

Welcome to another glimpse into what I've been wearing during my real life.

(These outfits are from last week)

It was a typically winterish-coat-heavy week last week.
A few colder days.
A few milder days.
Some sunshine.
A little rain.
A typical mixed bag of Scottish delights.
{No snow though 😞.}

Despite the lack of snow, plenty of scarves, hats and cosy layers have been featuring in my looks.
Somedays I've even needed the added boost of a bright lippy to see me through the day.

MONDAY


What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

A gorgeous Winter's day here in Scotland.
I forgot to take a quick selfie in my usual spot, so here I am on the platform waiting for the Edinburgh train.
Anyone who knows Edinburgh will know that whatever the weather is where you are staying (even if it's 30 minutes away) Edinburgh is nearly always colder and windier.
If you ever visit the city (whatever the time of year) layers are the secret to dressing success.

NAVY WOOL COAT: Charity shopped (Vintage)
WOOL SCARF: Old Moschino
CREAM WOOL JUMPER(not seen): Vintage
LEATHER TROUSERS (can't see): eBay and altered to fit
BODYWARMER (not seen): Uniqlo (charity shopped)
LEATHER BOOTS (out of shot): Dr Martens
CASHMERE HOODY (just seen): Borrowed (permanently?!) from my Husband (shhh)
LEATHER GLOVES: Charity shopped for £1
GREY HAT: M&S (very old)
GREEN BAG: H&M

TUESDAY

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

It was a bit warmer here (Scotland's weather is predictably variable and unpredictable) so no need for thick scarves and hats.
This faux fur coat is not very warm but certainly looks the part and makes an impact on an otherwise dull outfit (jeans and a jumper.....yawn).

CASHMERE HOODY: Borrowed (as above)
FAUX FUR COAT: M&S (very old now)
WOOL JUMPER (not seen): Vintage (charity shopped)
BLACK LEATHER BOOTS: Dr Martens
METALIC BAG: Charity Shopped
JEANS: Topshop (old)
SCARF: Alexander McQueen (A gift. Not from the brand, unfortunately, but from myself to me!) 

WEDNESDAY


What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

I can't seem to see past this scarf that I bought for myself at Christmas time.
I'm wearing it on repeat.
(Which must mean it was a great buy!)

The scarf is large but lightweight and very warm.
It has just enough personality to lift a look while going beautifully with EVERYTHING... in my opinion anyway!

It was another mild day on Wednesday so no major layering required.
This checked coat was enough.
However, this coat not warm as it is a poly-based mix BUT I do love the colours.

COAT: A gift a couple of years ago
GREEN BAG: H&M
CANVAS SHOPPING BAG: Years old and a firm favourite
WOOL SCARF: Alexander McQueen (a gift to myself)
LEATHER GLOVES
LEATHER TROUSERS (not seen): eBay (secondhand and altered to fit)
GREEN WOOL POLONECK JUMPER (not seen): Charity Shopped and old!

THURSDAY

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous


You can find out what is lurking under this coat by clicking HERE! 

FRIDAY

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

I featured this outfit on the day I actually wore it.
How time-efficient is that!?

Find out more details and see what I'm wearing underneath this coat HERE... you might be surprised or you may not, depending on your style.

SATURDAY

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

The Weather was wet and hideous on this day and even though I had to venture out onto trains and into the city, it was far too wild to take an outside selfie.
This snap is me in a gent's suit shop in Edinburgh.
The reason I look so bored is that I was!
My son was looking at suits and wanted my opinion.
(Not my cash though... he's a good lad.)

He is someone who never shops and doesn't like it.
However, when he finally goes to get what he needs he takes his time over it.
No impulse grabbing like his Mum, which is a very good thing.

We were in that shop a while and I was losing the will to live!

HAT: Old M&S
BLACK SPARKLY JUMPER (not seen): H&M (charity shopped)
BLACK WOOL SCARF: A gift from me... to me! (thank you very much)
NAVY WOOL COAT: As before
BLACK BOOTS (not seen): Dr Martens
CREAM CORDS (not seen): Topshop
BAG: A gift

SUNDAY

What I Wore | Diary of a 40+ Fashion Blogger | Fake Fabulous

Sundays for me mean gym and chatting in the morning and slobbing around like a sloth in the afternoon.
Absolute bliss!

LEGGINGS: Sweaty Betty (a few years old now)
PINK TRAINERS: New Balance
JUMPER: Sweaty Betty (a gift)
SLEEVELESS PUFFA: charity shopped... no tag.

Which (if any!) of my outfits would you wear?
Are there any items you'd NEVER wear?
I'd love to know!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig