For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Noughties Throwback • Skinny Jeans and a Cookie Monster Coat!

Skinny Levis, Dr Martens and a Faux Fur Jacket | Fake Fabulous | Winter

First and foremost...It Snowed.
Yes!

Winter, here in my corner of the globe, has been quite mild and a bit wet.
Sure, there have been plenty of cold and crisp days, which are lovely...
But no snow.

I've been longing for a dusting of the white stuff, and yesterday the snow finally fell.
Not a lot, but enough to cheer up a winter's day and to lift my spirits.

Skinny Levis, Dr Martens and a Faux Fur Jacket | Fake Fabulous | Winter

Today, I'm wearing my skinny jeans in a real throw-back-to-the-Noughties outfit.
Super-skinny bottom half.
Super FLUFFY top half.
This outfit made me so happy!

Skinny Levis, Dr Martens and a Faux Fur Jacket | Fake Fabulous | Winter

The fashion pack are telling us that skinny jeans are O.V.E.R!
(And I'm getting a bit bored of them too, TBH.)

So, what's "IN" then?

  • Wide-legged.
  • Straight.
  • Oversized.
  • Cropped.
  • Tapered.

All in style.
All current and modern.
None NEW... it's all been done before.

Personally, I love baggy, cropped and wide-legged jeans.
BUT.
Every now and again it's fun to dig out an old favourite and style it up.

It makes me laugh that the noughties are now classed as a throwback.
I'm sure the year 2000 was just a wee while ago!

Skinny Levis, Dr Martens and a Faux Fur Jacket | Fake Fabulous | Winter

I'm wearing some old favourites here.
Wardrobe classics.
PLUS... this crazy fluffy jacket.
I rescued it from the depths of the charity shop.
It was unloved.
Grubby.
Screwed up in a sad little ball.

All it needed was some TLC.
A good wash.
A fluff up.
Job Done!

Skinny Levis, Dr Martens and a Faux Fur Jacket | Fake Fabulous | Winter

It took me by surprise how warm it was.
(My other faux fur coat is cool in both senses of the word.)
This little jacket is roasty-toasty!

A great find that will sit happily alongside my jackets and coats collection.
All of which I wear on repeat.
Coats and jackets are a BIG part of most of my outfits all year round.

I loved wearing this outfit.
So simple and practical.
Nothing trendy or edgy.
Just a fun winter look that channelled the cookie monster's hairy style!

Do you feel (like me) that the noughties were just a couple of years ago?
Has it snowed this year where you live?
I'd love to know!

JEANS: Levis (old, a gift from my son)
BOOTS: Dr Martens
COAT: Me Jane (charity shopped)
HAT: old
WOOL SCARF: also a gift from my son
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig