For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Blue Velvet as Daywear | Autumn Outfit

Blue Velvet Blazer as Daywear | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

Velvet is such a sumptuous fabric.
I love how it bounces light up onto the wearer's face, even in those darker autumn/winter shades.
It always looks luxurious.

Okay, not always!
Those cheap and nasty 'stingy' velvets that look a bit bald (even when new) are NOT luxurious or sumptuous.
Ditch the cheap and nasty and go hunting for some vintage gems or sale-time bargains.

Velvet does lend itself perfectly to evening wear.
Especially in the colder seasons.
I LOVE how it looks and how it feels at an event.
So sensual and sexy with that air of elegance.
Perfect!

However...
Velvet can also be worn during the day.
All you need to do is tone it down a little with something casual.
Our old friend denim is perfect for this!

Adding denim to any outfit instantly makes it day-time-appropriate.
Don't you just love that?

In this outfit, I'm wearing a crushed velvet blazer and my trusty Levis.
What could be easier?

Blue Velvet Blazer as Daywear | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

I've worn this blazer a few times IRL but I've never managed to capture it as part of a blog post.
How does that happen?

Of course, I can't photograph everything I wear or I'd be writing a post every day and have no time for family, my other work and life.
Plus, some days I'm in gym gear or joggers and a jumper (like today)... not very inspiring.

{Hmmmm.... maybe I should try taking a daily phone selfie and compile an "Everyday outfits weekly roundup"... what do you think?}

Anyhoooo.... back to this outfit!

Blue Velvet Blazer as Daywear | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

Blue velvet Blazer.
Blue Jeans.
Blue Boots.
Blue Vintage blouse.

Too much blue?
NAH!!!

What a simple arrangement of clothes.
A classic a combination it could feel a little contrived BUT (luckily) still manages to feel personal to me... and fun to wear.
A great result all round!

Blue Velvet Blazer as Daywear | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

VELVET BLAZER: Topshop (past season)
SILK SHIRT: Vintage (Charity shopped for a pound!... You can find similar at Urban outfitters)
JEANS: Levis (very old)... worn to death!
BOOTS: Zara (old)... see them previously HERE and HERE
BAG: A gift
BROOCH: Charity shopped... see it HERE

MAKE IT YOUR OWN:

Of course, you can choose any colour that suits you and your mood... maybe you don't like blue!
Switching out all of the items for your picks in your colours is easy.

Any colour of velvet will work... including classic black.
An all-black outfit would be a doddle to put together and look so chic.

You can even swap out the velvet for a different fabric blazer (wool, tweed, boucle) if that's your bag!
I'd also love to see this velvet look with cargo trousers instead of jeans... how cool would that be?

Velvet during the day?
Yes or no?!
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

GET THE LOOK:


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig