For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Red Lips and Dark Lipstick | Makeup fun over 40!

Dark lipstick and red lippy over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm doing something a little different!
A couple of cheeky time-lapse videos of me applying dark lipstick and a bright red lippy too.
Both colours are quite tricky to wear with a 45-year-old asymmetric face!

However, as I was saying to a friend the other day, if we don't start experimenting with brighter and bolder lipsticks NOW when are we going to get round to it?

When we are pushing up the daisies??
The time is now people.
Seize the day.

So I'm sharing two short and sweet videos (less than 30 seconds).
No boring chat.
No in-depth techniques.
Just me goofing around!

  • In the first, I'm trying on a new dark lipstick. A friend sent it to me in the post, how nice is that?! A lovely surprise. It's very dark and autumnal and I love it!
  • In the second video I'm putting on the orangey red I was wearing for the rest of the day. The classic lady danger by MAC.

The mac lipstick is old (and well used) and I love it!



The still shots on these videos are NOT the finished looks!
(They're both before liner and tidying up)
I'm such a novice on YouTube... I'm sure I'll figure out how to take a still shot of the final look as I get more practice.

Here is a list of everything I used in the videos:

  • Barry M lip brush (very old, I'm not sure they make them anymore?)
  • Kiko lipliner 505 (THE most perfect colour... IMO... and cheap!)
  • Vaseline cocoa butter (I like the smell. 8-hour cream works well too).
  • Cotton buds.
  • I am powerful lipstick by Real Her (Great eco credentials).
  • Rimmel exaggerate lipliner 104.
  • Primark concealer brush.
  • White lipgloss (with silver sparkles!)... maybe from Next?
  • MAC lipstick, Lady Danger.
  • Benefit High Beam.
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Waterproof concealer, 2C
  • Mini sponge (I don't know where I picked this up but it's a great little sponge)


I'm also wearing a little undereye concealer (Rimmel) and a coat of brown mascara (Collection).
Bright lips need nothing more!
They're the perfect way to look 'dressed' when you're in a rush.

If you want to go all-out vampy fabulous try this video featuring Troy Surratt.
The model is young and stunning but the tutorial is easy to follow.



I'd love to know the name of your favourite lipstick!
Please share in the comments.
Or, send me a picture of you wearing it at fakefabulous.com(at)gmail(dot)com!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig