For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Androgynous 80's Style | Wearable 'Fun' Fashion

Androgynous 80's style | Styling Orson Jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

'Fun' fashion looks are pretty easy to pull together and can look great in photographs.

Edgy and quirky looks make fabulous Instagram moments.
Although, a bit like Instagram Eyebrows, 'fun' looks can often be totally unwearable, uncomfortable and impractical.
Sometimes even verging on plain stupid!
No one wants to look like they have a (style) screw loose.

However, it's still important to express yourself and enjoy dressing up and playing with fashion.
That's what it's all about after all!

Androgynous 80's style | Styling Orson Jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm stepping away from my trusty skinny jeans and wearing something a little more current... and at the same time weirdly retro.
I feel like I'm back in the early 90's!

These high waisted, cropped jeans are just the breath of fresh air I was needing in my wardrobe.
I could have played it safe and worn some old favourites with these new jeans in a bid to make them seem more familiar and comfortable.
However, I felt inspired to mix things up a bit and channel a retro feel.

Plus a little androgyny into the bargain.

Androgynous 80's style | Styling Orson Jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I've teamed these Orson jeans, from Topshop, with an oversized patterned shirt.

SO 90's it's insane!

Little details like this vintage leather tie (it belonged to my husband in the 70's) and a patent bag (belonging to my MIL, from the 60's) finishes this look off perfectly.
You can get a surprising amount of 'stuff' in this little bag!
Vintage items always make me smile.

Androgynous 80's style | Styling Orson Jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Fun?
Yes.
Quirky?
Yes.
But still perfectly comfortable and wearable... although... my feet were very sore after a couple of hours in these shoes.
Curses!

I had high hopes for these shoes, with their comfortable-looking block heel.
I hate it when a shoe lets you down in the comfort stakes, don't you?

Androgynous 80's style | Styling Orson Jeans, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

LEOPARD SHOES: Topshop (sold out) similar. These are the same style in black, half price!!!
ORSON JEANS: Topshop
PATTERNED SHIRT: Asos (sold out) This one is beautiful... and much more feminine!
SOCKS (worn over tights): Asos
BAG: Vintage... this one is lovely.

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig