For the imperfect Fashion lover.

2018 UK Blog Awards | #fakeituntilyoumakeit LINK UP


Hello and welcome to the #fakeituntilyoumakeit LINK UP.

I'm very excited (and a little nervous, if the truth be told) to announce that Fake Fabulous is entered in the UK blog awards for 2018.

My nerves come from the (at times overwhelming) impostor syndrome that I feel every now and again.
Not just in relation to my blogging life, but also my work and family life too!

Me: Surely any day soon 'someone' will realise I'm still just a big goof, and shouldn't really be given responsibility for raising four children, running a home, writing a blog and working in a laboratory!

However, I have to force a sensible voice from inside my head to say...
"Get a grip of yourself Sam!"
{Why do we have these negative feelings towards ourselves and our abilities?}

If you suffer from the impostor syndrome then check out THIS POST from the fabulous Vicki @honestmum.
She hits the nail on the head, as always!

PLEASE VOTE for me HERE

I would be thrilled, delighted (and jumping up and down with joy) if you could take a moment to vote for me HERE.
You don't need to be in the UK to vote, it's worldwide, and you can cast your vote between the 4th and the 22nd of December.

If you're feeling super generous you can even vote with each email address you have.
{Oooooo, I'd love it if you did that!}

Loads of Reasons to Vote for Fake Fabulous....

Hmmmm... Okay, I could only think of one(and a half)!

I did try to think of some witty and cool reasons to vote for Fake Fabulous.
But, they all sounded a bit lame.
Something important sprang to mind...
"To make sure the 'older' woman is represented in the blogging and fashion world." 
BUT...
We've heard it so many times haven't we?
It's becoming a bit of a bore.

Even now, as older models seem to be on trend, the older models featured are VERY editorial in the way they look.
Undeniably beautiful women, but they look nothing like me.

I want to see relatable women used by brands, but the brands still use 20-somethings to sell clothes for 50-somethings.
And let's face it, if the perfect 20-something looks a bit frumpy in the clothes what chance to the rest of us have to look good?
None!

I'm fed up being fed frumpiness.
Being told we are now a "certain age" so we should be dressing in a certain way.
Being told we need to stop thinking we can buy from "young shops".

I'm a 40+ blogger but I'm not ready to slip into the crimplene trousers and velcro shoes.
I'm heading to Topshop, Weekday, Cos, River Island and wherever I want.
I'm never going to be ready for velcro valley!

I hope that chipping away at the 'age' issue will eventually make real changes happen.

Although, it's taking so long I may well be ready for that crimplene!
(Hahahahaha.... but seriously, NO!)

If you enjoy visiting Fake Fabulous and you (like me) are not ready to be popped in the "old frump" box, then please please, PLEEEEEEEESE vote for my tiny corner of the gigantic blogosphere!

Oh....I've just thought of another reason.
The 'Judging' section of the process ends on my birthday (16th Feb).
That alone is as good a reason as any, isn't it?! 😝

{EDITED: I've just noticed 3 other fab bloggers entered in the Fashion category.
If you could vote for one of the other women representing the over 40's too .... Catherine at Not dressed as Lamb, Emma at Style Splash and Nikki at Midlife Chic.
That would be Fabulous!}

VOTE for FAKE FABULOUS HERE

Anyway, I just want to say a HUGE thank you for supporting Fake Fabulous.
Your visit really means the world to me!

Now, enough of this waffle, it's OVER to YOU.....


Last week Lina's post, from Sew Historically, really caught my eye and made me smile!
Talk about something different...

She has a fun advent calendar (HERE) that has a different Christmas craft project behind each window.
Such a great idea!
If you like a bit of crafting over the Christmas period (I love to make things and used to do loads with the kids when they were younger) please check it out!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig