For the imperfect Fashion lover.

It's OTT and I Love it | Bright Green Statement Jumper

H&M green embroidered mohair jumper, Levis Jeans, Miss KG leopard boots | Fake Fabulous

Do you ever go out shopping for something specific and end up finding something totally unexpected?
A item that leaps off the rail into your arms?
Something you didn't know you wanted, but you can't leave the shop without?

When it comes to shopping (and life in general) good things happen when you least expect them.
These unintentional items are the the ones I tend to fall in love with, and never regret buying.

{See my bright trousers that I also couldn't walk away from, HERE}

I was out to buy my impoverished son (who is living in a freezing cold student flat) a couple of warm jumpers, when this bright green ball of fuzz caught me eye.
On it's own.
Stuffed at the back of a rail.
One size left.

It was fate.

H&M green embroidered mohair jumper | Fake Fabulous

The colour and design made me (quietly, but not silently!) squeal with delight, and when I felt that it was made of wool I just hoped it would fit.... please, please, pleeeeeease...

I knew this jumper was meant to be mine when I realised it had extraordinarily long arms.
Long (enough) sleeves are a rare thing for someone like me who spends most of her time pushing sleeves up to make up for the fact they are half way up my wrist.

I'm a sucker for anything that has some length at the sleeve.
Sleeves that actually fit (and cover my wrist) are a thing of joy.
If they are a bit on the long side (like this jumper and THIS weird 'reject' leather jacket) then you can't hold me back!

With it's spider monkey arms, and BOLD colour combination this jumper stole my heart.

It was a bit more pricey than my normal super-bargain pieces (like this £1 bargain statement cardigan) at £59.99.
But, it is wool, super-warm, almost practical and just very 'me'!
I'm in love!

H&M green embroidered mohair jumper, Levis Jeans, Miss KG leopard boots | Fake Fabulous

A bold jumper like this one is easy to style, and instantly lifts a 'boring' outfit into something special.
Dark denim jeans and leopard ankle boots.
What could be simpler than that?

I know a bright green 80's inspired knit is not to everyone's taste, but that's what fashion is all about isn't it?
We're all able to find things we love, that suit our personal style.
Items that make us smile!

Easy to wear.
Warm and comfortable.
For me.... the perfect outfit.

Levis Jeans, Miss KG leopard boots | Fake Fabulous

What was the last thing you bought that you didn't intend to buy but HAD to have?
Was it love at first sight?

Please share in the comments, I love hearing from you!

BOOTS: Miss KG... these are cool!
JEANS: Levis
JUMPER: H&M
SCARF(in hand): Vintage... similar.
BAG: Topshop... similar.

H&M green embroidered mohair jumper, Levis Jeans | Fake Fabulous

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig