For the imperfect Fashion lover.

A Floral Occasion Dress, but Not as You Know it!

Alie Street Holly Dress, layered up for Winter! | Fake Fabulous

Floral dresses are lovely aren't they?
So feminine!
Perfect in the summertime, with pretty sandals.
Gorgeous in autumn, brightening up a dull day.

A great choice for a wedding or special occasion.

BUT...

What if you want to wear your floral dress when it's cold outside?
What if you want to wear your floral dress on a 'normal' day?

No wedding to attend.
No special event.
Not even meeting up with friends for lunch.

What if you want to throw on your 'fancy' dress and go about your day-to-day errands?
It's easy to do!


Alie Street Holly Dress, layered up for Winter! | Fake Fabulous

Today, I'm wearing a floral dress that is so comfortable I feel like I'm cheating getting dressed!
It's so pretty and flattering.

Unfortunately, it's absolutely freezing here so I needed to pile on the layers (no great surprise there really) in order to keep all of my toes intact!

I've slipped an orange poloneck underneath the dress and orange tights too, so I looked a bit like Morph before I put my dress on 😝... remember him?

Alie Street Holly Dress, layered up for Winter! | Fake Fabulous

This dress is SO lovely to wear and I feel great in it.
It's from Alie street,....and No, they're not sponsoring me, I just genuinely love the brand!

I popped a chunky, androgynous, oversized jumper over the top and I'm instantly casual-ified (not a real word, but I like it).

Lace up long boots & orange tights | Fake Fabulous

My trusty lace up boots (that I have been wearing for over 20 years) and my old Barbour saddle bag finished things off nicely.

See the story of these boots HERE.

{I had to wear a down filled full length coat over this outfit, as it was so cold... not very blog-worthy but essential. Gosh.... I'm Baltic without my coat and it shows in this photo! 😬}

Alie Street Holly Dress, layered up for Winter! | Fake Fabulous

Are you piling on the layers yet?
Please let me know by leaving a comment.... I promise not to be envious if it's still bare-arms-and-open-toes weather where you are (she lied).
XXX

JUMPER: Redoute (old)... similar(ish)
DRESS: c/o Alie Street
TOP: c/o Kettlewell colours... similar
TIGHTS: Gipsy
BAG: Barbour... similar
BOOTS: Cat.... old as the hills.... similar

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig