For the imperfect Fashion lover.

A Stylish Contradiction | Orange & Grey

Orange wool coat, striped culottes, roll neck & grey sandals... Autumn outfit, over 40.

Today I am wearing my culottes again, and loving them!
Especially as they are helping me to rebel against the (unpredictable) autumnal weather, here in Scotland.

These culottes are easy, breezy and satisfyingly swishy,  but a little bit too 'airy' for a cool autumn day, so I'm wearing my culotte slip and a pair of cycling shorts underneath.
Yep, plain cotton cycling shorts... from the kids department!
I'm not sorry.

Orange wool coat, striped culottes, roll neck & grey sandals... Autumn outfit, over 40.

Wearing these hidden warming layers helps me to enjoy wearing my grey sandals without freezing off a digit.
My body was so warm that my feet didn't suffer at all.

I love the fact that our modern lives allow us to mix and match our clothes (and accessories) to suit how we feel on any given day.

If you want to wear cut-offs and ugg boots, then go for it.
Ditto sandals and a wool coat, as I am doing here.

We are free to wear whatever we want!

Orange wool coat, striped culottes, roll neck & grey sandals... Autumn outfit, over 40.

This outfit started with my shoes.
I just really wanted to wear them, simple as that!
Even though my sensible head (and the weather) was telling me that a closed toe is a more sensible option.
Yeah... whatever!

However, as much as I would like to think of myself as a fashion rebel, I'm not really!
Comfort and warmth ALWAYS come first.

{Well, almost always... sometimes certain shoes are well worth the pain!}

So, with keeping cosy at the forefront of my mind I reached for this grey polo neck and a warm cashmere long-line waistcoat.
Sorted!

Orange wool coat, striped culottes, roll neck & grey sandals... Autumn outfit, over 40.

A bright orange coat kept me warm but didn't feel overwhelming, either in shape or colour.
Orange is one of these shades that looks fab across all seasons.
Perfect in gloomy winter as well summer.
AND, fabulous in autumn.
Especially against the rich colours of the season.
In fact, orange should be a wardrobe basic.... well, in my opinion anyway!

My cheeky magpie necklace and a fabulous snow leopard bag finished this look off perfectly.

Orange wool coat, striped culottes, roll neck & grey sandals... Autumn outfit, over 40.

Do you make style contradictions?
What is your favourite way to mix things up?

What about your idea of a basic colour that isn't one of the classics?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

SHOES: All Saints (old)... these are cool!
COAT: Hearts & Hands at Urban Outfitters... bought in the sale ages ago! (similar)
CULOTTES: Zara... these are nice.
POLO: M&S
BAG: Charity shop find (Why on earth someone would get rid of this is beyond me)... similar.
NECKLACE: Online.

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig