For the imperfect Fashion lover.

One Maroon Shrug, 3 ways | PPP 6


Fake Fabulous | PPP 6 | Graphic Patterned midi dress, leopard bag and belt, Maroon shrug, sheepskin mules.

This post is the sixth, in a series, called the Ping Pong Posts.


This time Anna, Ann and I are styling a maroon shrug, in a super soft knit, with a silk yoke. 

The shrug belongs to me, and I thought that it would be a very versatile item to send to Anna and Ann.
A simple cover-up that could go over anything.

I thought this would be the month that our outfits turned out to be vastly different.
The month that we would come up with three totally unique looks.

Well... did we?

Let's find out!

Fake Fabulous | PPP 6 | Graphic Patterned midi dress, leopard bag and belt, Maroon shrug, sheepskin mules.

Before I go any further I must tell you that my photographs were taken back in March (before I sent the shrug off to Anna, then she sent it off to Ann).

So, I am freezing cold in these images.
{Look at the slight grimace on my face.}
I had to imagine it was August, and I was warm.
Hahaha... ridiculous really.

Anyway, the sun came out on this cold March day (which helped a little) but I was still chittering between the shots (sipping a mug of hot tea).

Then, I almost threw a wobbly when my husband (who was wearing his winter coat) decided to have a fiddle with the camera settings in order to "try something new".

Needless to say that I did not want to try anything "new".
I just wanted to go back inside and get my cosy cardigan on!
Brrrr.
Get on with it!!

Back to the outfit...
I initially wanted to wear some jeans, but decided not to go for that look because I honestly thought Anna would be wearing something similar.

I also decided against block colour clashing, because I thought Ann might do something bold, bright and clashing.
I wanted to be different.

So, I reached for this patterned dress.
It is such a fun piece to wear, and always receives a comment or two!

Fake Fabulous | PPP 6 | Graphic Patterned midi dress, leopard bag and belt, Maroon shrug, sheepskin mules. Back View.

I had been using this leopard bag (almost every day) at the time these photos were taken.
Maybe it would be a bit "too much" for the dress?
A plainer bag would be better.

But, a plainer bag just look boring.
Maybe a clash of patterns was a better idea after all!

Adding a leopard belt (knotted at the waist) pulled the bag and the dress together a little more.

I decided to wear my sheepskin-lined clogs on the day (only because I was worried about looking a toe in the march chill!)
But, now that I have my new boots, I would definitely be wearing them with this outfit.

Simple studs finished my look of nicely.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 6 | Sheepskin mules.

{P.S....After these photos were taken I ran back inside and grabbed a pair of cosy wool tights, a thermal baselayer and my chunky cardigan!
The kettle went on again too.
Nothing beats a hot cup of tea to warm the cockles, and defrost the fingers.}

Fake Fabulous | PPP 6 | Graphic Patterned midi dress, leopard bag and belt, Maroon shrug, sheepskin mules.


Over to my blogging friends...

Anna from Anna's Island Style


What a fun look from Anna!

I love this flirty outfit.
The layered petticoat, and the warm vibrant colours.
That chunky belt is emphasising her waist, perfectly.
{Wide belts are going to be big news this AW}
The whole look is finished off with Anna's signature accessorising, using her charity shop finds.

A great outfit.
But....
I was almost certain she was going to be in trousers this time around!

It just goes to show that you should never assume, especially when it comes to a woman and her style choices.



Ann from Kremb de la Kremb


Ann's outfit is another flirtatious one.
{This shrug does feel lovely on the skin so maybe it is texture related?}

I almost laughed out loud (in a good way) when I saw Ann's look...see the "never assume" comment above.

The principles of Ann's outfit are the same as mine.
Okay, she has more of a prairie feel with her cowboy boots, and belt-bag (which I am coveting).
And, her look is more feminine than mine, with a floral pattern and pretty accessories.
But, we are basically in a patterned dress and tan shoes.
The same outfit.
I love it!




We never discuss what we are going to do with the items we send each other, so each month is as much of a surprise for us as it is you!

I love the fact that this month I was convinced we were all going to be SO different, but all three of us have ended up doing something very similar.
I learn something new about these ladies (and myself) every time we work together.
Stay tuned to find out what happens next time...on the 20th September.

How would you have styled this shrug?
Please let me know in the comments.
Or, contact me.
I love hearing your thoughts and opinions!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig