For the imperfect Fashion lover.

When in doubt, wear red!

Wearing red from head to toe.

Styling bright red in Autumn/Winter.
On a dull, damp and dreich day the only thing for me to do is to wear some bright colour!
While many people automatically reach for the dark colours in autumn/winter, I instinctively reach for the more vibrant shades.
Dark days are gloomy enough.

BUT... you might be thinking:
"Light and bright colours in winter??"
"Are you crazy?!" 
"You will get dirty and end up looking a mess!!"
But, those dark coats are also getting dirty.
Does dark and dirty look any less of a mess?

Anyway, modern fabrics mean you can buy something machine washable.
If you have a vintage item, invest in a clothes brush! 
Or, the occasional trip to the dry cleaners.
It really is not such a big deal.

On this particular day, I was swithering between a bright orangey-red androgynous style and a full-skirted, super feminine, cream coat. 
When the famous Bill Blass quote sprang to mind,

"When in doubt, wear RED"

Don't mind if I do, Mr Blass!
I will save my cream 'statement' for another day.

Wearing red from Head to Toe in Winter | Fake Fabulous

This coat is a full-on punch of (almost) neon orangey-red and I love it!
It has a masculine cut which looks good with trousers as well as skirts, and I must tell you about the wonderful pockets...so deep and in the perfect position.
There is something very satisfying about a 'proper pocket' and it is so frustrating when a pocket is wrong. Whether it is an awkward angle or the wrong depth, it can be so disappointing.

Am I the only pocket-geek out there?
Please let me know if you agree!

Wearing red from Head to Toe in Winter | Fake Fabulous

It was pretty chilly today (and damp) so this burgundy scarf and fur-lined leather gloves were a must!
I was going to grab my red bag (see it HERE and HERE) but this pop of cheerful blue seemed a more interesting choice.
Adding a little fun!
I have searched and searched for something similar but I am struggling....this one is fun...but pricey. This one is just silly and tongue in cheek!
See my bag HERE and HERE.

Wearing red from Head to Toe in Winter | Fake Fabulous

This dress is very old.
I actually gave it away to a friend years ago.
She has a curvy figure, which gave this dress a bit more vaa vaa voom.
But, when I was at her house recently, I saw it hanging up looking unworn (but still fab) and I asked if I could borrow it back.
A little bit cheeky, but she knows it will be returned...probably with a bag full of other things too!

The dress is a soft knit and incredibly comfortable to wear.
{I should mention that the sleeves need a careful wrapping to get them into the a coat, without bunching}.
I love the mix of colours and I could have picked out many shades.
I was going to contrast the dress, with teal, but more and more red items just kept falling into my hands!
I could not help myself.

Red is the perfect colour to wear if you want to give the impression being confident and self-assured.


Even if you are faking it!

Red is energising, uplifting, warm, positive and stimulating.
The perfect confidence booster.
A brilliant mood booster.
You could conquer the world in a red dress!
{Don't forget that red is also a very sexy colour ;oD}

Sticking to the red palette, I added a red roll neck undertop, dark red tights, burgundy wool knee socks and my very old (favourite) boots...see them here, styled with white.

A subtle touch of leopard, in the form of a skinny belt, stopped me looking too much like an ironing board and gave this dress a little shape.

This cute red beret and a orangey-red lipstick finished things off perfectly!

Are you going to be wearing colour this Winter?
What is your favourite?
Please let me know in the comments...or tweet me a picture of your winter coat @samantha4blair.


Wearing red from Head to Toe in Winter | Fake Fabulous


Lace up boots | Fake Fabulous


Coat: Hearts & Hands @ASOS...I customised mine. (this one is fab!)
Scarf: Jack Wills (similar)
Gloves: Gift from a friend....cosy rabbit fur lining (similar)
Boots: Caterpillar (old)...these are nice.
Beret: Old (similar one)
Dress: Matalan (very old). This one is beautiful....this one is cool too, and you wouldn't need the roll neck underneath these!
Tights: Gipsy (these are beautiful)
Burgundy socks: Tkmaxx (similar)
Roll neck: Redoute
Bag: Tkmaxx
Earrings: Newlook
Lipstick: Maybelline

SHOP the look:




Wearing red from Head to Toe in Winter | Fake Fabulous


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig