For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to wear a Playsuit (Romper) over 40.

Playsuit and 'Over 40' in the same sentence? 

40 MUST be too old for a playsuit? Is this the ultimate fashion faux pax?
How to wear a playsuit.

Playsuits over 40, back view.

I was determined to give the Playsuit / Romper look another chance after a break of almost 10 years... I used to have a very sharp and tailored fine-pinstripe pair that I loved wearing to work with thick opaques and brogues.

Unfortunately, in my late 30's,  had a bit of a style crisis and decided to try and dress a little less 'young' and a bit more 'appropriate'....oh dear! Why oh why? (that is a story for another time).

This was a fashion disaster... I consigned many fabulous (and fun) items to the Charity donation bag and replaced them with too many boring items which I have hardly worn. What a fool!

My only comfort is that someone will have found them and be (hopefully) loving them as much as I did.

It is best not to dwell on mistakes of the past (whatever form they take) so....

I discovered this super-comfortable, super-casual, super-cute little playsuit in a sale rail for the bargain price of £3! Worth a try at that price, no?

It is the most beautifully soft chambray fabric, with little flecks of colour running through it.

I teamed it with my well-loved Geek shoes (I call them my 70's school girl shoes) and a plain blue T-Shirt. Adding a cream fine-knit wool cardigan and a silky scarf, for warmth...and a bit more coverage. I find a scarf gives me an odd sense of security.

This is a really comfortable and casual look....perfect for running errands on a warm day.

Have you discarded any well-loved items because you thought you were too old?
Maybe it's time to rediscover them!

XXX


Romper: French Connection
Shoes: Office
T-shirt: Primark
Suede Belt: Boden
Necklace: Homemade
Bag: Monsoon
Cardigan: Zara
Scarf: Market stall


Chambray fabric detail and necklace.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig