For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to wear a Bodycon dress, over 40.

Skin-tight Bodycon dress? Over 40?!
Surely this is a Type-O?

Bodycon dress.

Graphic dress, box clutch, tatty devine fish bone necklace.


I have to admit that this outfit might be taking things a little too far (for some) towards the dreaded 'Mutton dressed as lamb' category of dressing, BUT some strange things happened today that made me say, "What the hell!?" and just go for it.

Firstly, I went to the hairdresser. Pretty normal right?
I had every intention of asking her to 'tidy it up' and tell her I was intending on growing it a little with a view to achieving a cute little bob (much more sensible and grown-up for someone of my age) but I found myself saying,
"I really fancy an undercut, would it look okay?"

Her face lit up and, in the blink of an eye, the scissors were working furiously, undercutting both sides and chopping into the top..I am delighted with her efforts.
I felt instantly rejuvenated.
No need for a dye either....the cut seemed to breath life into my natural colour (and those pesky greys).
All in all a good experience.

Secondly, My good friend gave me what can only be described as a Graphic patterned, long, VERY tight, T-shirt.
She hands it over saying, "I found this dress and had to get it for you, it's just your thing!"
I unwrapped it dubiously and found myself thinking that it was: too thin, too short, too young, not my colour, etc etc
Oh dear....what should I do?

But, as I looked at it, I suddenly realised... Just because we have a distorted version of ourselves (and how we look) in our own minds, does not mean that the rest of the world sees us that way. We should give ourselves a break!

My friend thinks I would look great in this, so why not give it a go?

I decided that I would style it for a girls night out: adding a long, sleeveless, fine-knit cardigan, blue Bertie heels and a little box clutch. I felt cheeky and ready for fun.

It is certainly not an outfit for the faint hearted.
But why not?
Who decides on the fashion rules anyway?
If you want to wear bodycon, then go for it! Over 40 or not.
XXX



Dress: (or long t-shirt!!) Illustrated People

Cardigan: Topshop
Shoes: Bertie Bespoke  (Charity shop find)
Bag: Tkmaxx
Necklace: Tatty Devine

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig