For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Culottes, are they hard to wear?

Culottes are they hard to wear?

Culottes, fabulous or hideous? 

This is my first culotte trial....every part of me was screaming a theoretical NO!
Are they only for super-young, super-skinny, super-gorgeous people? I asked myself.
I hope not... so I thought I would give them a go.
I went for a more 'grown-up' look today. Which was slightly out of my comfort-zone.

Osprey handbag ice watch
As I was nervous about concept of culottes I bought a cheap and cheerful pair from Matalan in a 'classic' khaki colour. They are a good fit and will go with lots of different things BUT I am wishing I had been braver and bought some colour or pattern, or Both!!

I think that I need to put together something more casual next time.
Dare I say it, a bit less 'mumsy'??!! Birkenstocks/pool slides, a funky tee? Watch this space.

Back to today.
It is a bit warmer (a whole 16 degrees, woo hoo) so my toes are out in ernest, although I was wishing I had popped some socks inside my sandals.
I like that look and especially the feel.
It gives me a little extra warmth and makes a shoe more comfortable. I agree that it's not for everyone though. It's an acquired taste.

I also needed a scarf. In fact I (nearly) always wear one.... and if it's not on me, it's in my bag. Handy to have for extra warmth but also great to shelter from the sun (dream on).

These sandals are so comfortable but give a little height, which is very handy for my first culotte day.... breaking myself in gently and my bag was another hubby birthday gift...give that man a gold star!

Culottes: Matalan
Cashmere Jumper: CX London (old)
Bag: Ospray
Glasses: Fenchurch
Watch: Ice
Shoes: Clarks Originals.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig