For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Lockdown Fashion • Leggings and a Sack Dress made Chic!

Lockdown Style | White Maxi Dress, Leggings & a Blazer | Fake Fabulous

An uncompromising lockdown look that involves leggings, sliders and a big baggy top.

Leggings and a top.
What could be easier (or lazier) dressing?
Not much that I can think of!

I'm not fighting my inner sloth any longer.
Leggings it is!

For today, my "baggy top" is a billowing cotton sack dress.
Okay, not EXACTLY at top.
But I'm using artistic licence... it's a (very) long top!

I absolutely LOVE this dress and I wanted to show that baggy and comfortable can be (a little bit) stylish after all!

Lockdown Style | White Maxi Dress, Leggings & a Blazer | Fake Fabulous

This dress is billowing, bold and beautiful.

It's made from sateen cotton that is so crisp and lovely.

However, it does have a few things going against it...

  • It's big, shapeless and baggy.
  • It's completely see-through (I'm wearing a nude-coloured short full slip under it here)
  • White and I tend to end up in a slitter-fest. 

{Slitter= The art of spilling one's food and/or drink down oneself.}

Are you a slitter too?

I'd love to know!


Lockdown Style | White Maxi Dress, Leggings & a Blazer | Fake Fabulous

All of that aside, this dress is a winner for me.
I love the drama, and I love how comfortable it is to wear.

It's the perfect summer piece.

However, there is one small issue that arises here...

It's APRIL IN SCOTLAND!

Have I taken leave of my senses wearing a light cotton dress?
😮
No, of course not!

I have a love of all things thermal, and this outfit is no exception.

I'm wearing a thermal base layer and a pair of double layered full-length leggings.

Yes, I have bare toes in these photos but the truth is, I wouldn't be able to wear these shoes out and about at this time of year.
(Unless I wanted fewer toes by the end of the day.)
So, these comfy sandals were my indoor slippers.

Lockdown Style | White Maxi Dress, Leggings & a Blazer | Fake Fabulous

Adding a blazer, even if it has a soft structure like this one, instantly turns a baggy mess into a "LOOK".

This blazer added shape and a little smartness.
Layered necklaces kept the relaxed feeling going, as did the bag.
Very Boho!

I don't normally favour a boho look but these touches felt feminine and fun which was just what I needed.

BTW... As, predicted, I did end up having a little slitter on this dress.
However, its was NOT the pasta (that I was expecting).
I (surprisingly) dodged that bullet.
BUT... I stupidly sloshed my tea down myself when dunking a chocolate hobnob.
Told you so!!

DRESS: Weekday (eBayed a while ago)
SHOES: Primark (borrowed from my daughter)
JACKET: The £1 rail at a local charity shop
NECKLACES: Various gifts and vintage bits
BAG: Vintage

Lockdown Style | White Maxi Dress, Leggings & a Blazer | Fake Fabulous

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig