For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Winter Outfit Inspiration * Pringle x H&M Knitted Co-ord * Grey Cream and Lime

H&M x Pringle co-ord outfit | Over 40 Winter Outfit | Fake Fabulous

I'm not supposed to be shopping for NEW clothes at the moment.
In fact, I made a promise to myself not to shop for 3 months.
It's been easy-peasy so far.

SO FAR?
Yes.
So far so good.

Ahem... (*clears throat)
It's now REAL confession time...

H&M x Pringle co-ord outfit | Over 40 Winter Outfit | Fake Fabulous

I went shopping.
For NEW clothes.

I could start my 'statement for the defence' by explaining that I'd had a boozy lunch with a friend and walked past the shop with my resolve at rock bottom.
I have been led astray by a glass of wine!
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Yes, I could easily say these things...however... not only would this be a BORING story BUT it's also untrue.

H&M x Pringle co-ord outfit | Over 40 Winter Outfit | Fake Fabulous

The truth of the matter is that this co-ord outfit made me gasp with delight as I walked past the shop and I HAD to run in and grab it!

It really spoke to me and the thought of not bringing it home made me feel sad.
I WANTED it.
Simple as that.

After shopping, I did feel a mixture of joy and a pang of guilt.
The shopping guilt was eased slightly when I found out that the polyester portion of the fabric had been made from recycled fibres.
This revelation came after my shopping so I can't pretend that was my motivation or justification.

My motivation was pure desire to own this ballsy outfit!

H&M x Pringle co-ord outfit | Over 40 Winter Outfit | Fake Fabulous

I just LOVE it.
That's all.

It's bold and "In Yer Face!"
BUT it's also super-cosy, practical for the Scottish climate (70% winter!) and comfortable.

I DO feel a bit guilty for spending money and for buying something I didn't actually need (is there anything we really need in our modern wardrobes?) but I am loving wearing it and it is making me happy.

Today I wore it with a vintage leather jacket and a baker boy hat for a cosy and colourful look.
The jumper is quite bulky so I kept the jacket open and only fastened the top press-stud to hold it in place, giving the outfit a little more shape.
A crossbody bag is not only practical but also helps add even more subtle shape to the outfit.
Long boots and warm gloves finished things off nicely.

Do you think my lame justifications make this shopping splurge okay?
Or, can you see through this curtain of BS and expose my impulse shopping for what it was?!

I'd love to hear about any impulse buys you've made recently.

Co-Ord: H&M
JACKET: Vintage
HAT: Old M&S
BOOTS: Duo (old)
BAG: A gift

H&M x Pringle co-ord outfit | Over 40 Winter Outfit | Fake Fabulous
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig